PROJECT OPERATIONS ASSISTANT AT THE FOOD AND AGRICULTURE ORGANIZATION OF THE UNITED NATIONS (FAO) 2017
ANNOUNCEMENT FOR VACANCY
The Food and Agricultural Organization of the United Nations (FAO) is seeking for suitably qualified and experienced persons to undertake the following assignments under the FAO Programme in Tanzania.
PROJECT OPERATIONS ASSISTANT:
Background: Within the framework of the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) under the Authorization of the Ministry of Finance and funding of the European Union. FAO is implementing a project in support of Improving the Competitiveness of small holders' farmers' through post-harvest management.
General Description of task(s) and objectives to be achieved:
FAO is looking for a competent Operations Assistant who will work under the overall administrative and functional management of the FAO Representative in Tanzania, and the direct supervision of the Assistant FAO Representative (Administration) and Project Coordinator and in close collaboration with the administration staff in FAO. The Operations Assistant will be required to undertake the following duties:
- Assist the Project Coordinator in the smooth operational logistic and financial implementation of project activities;
- Execute day-to-day work of the administration. finance and procurement/logistics of the project:
- Assist in the procurement of project inputs by preparing purchase requisition and traclong of its procurement status:
- Maintain project asset register (expendable and non-expendables) and ensure that assets are property registered, insured, maintained and safeguarded:
- Review and certify all administrative and financial documentation for accuracy, appropriateness, correctness and compliance with FAO rules and regulations:
- Organize travel (local and international) i.e. preparation of Travel authorization requests and submission of travel claims.
- Prepare administrative and financial documents such as purchase requisitions and orders, payment requests, letters of agreement, contracts etc;
- Prepare payments and ensure timely payments of vendor services and maintain records of these disbursements/commitments;
- Assist in organizing of workshops, meetings and training courses including booking of hosting facilities/venues, travels, etc.
- Undertake monitoring actions related to recruitment and payment of consultants, contractors, and implementing partners in financial, and procurement matters; Prepare financial monitoring reports, and assist in pre ration, review and finalization of project work plans, interim and final financial reports: 1,4-
- Maintain updated personnel records and other administrative office files related to the project;
- Consolidate monthly attendance sheets and ensure timely posting of attendance data into the respective systems, maintain project staff leave plans while updating the staff movement register;
- Draft and prepare routine correspondences of administrative and personnel related matters in close consultation with the project coordinator;
- Perform any other duties as required. Required Competencies (Qualifications and experience): University degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or related subjects Technical Competencies and Experience Requirements A Minimum of Five years of professional experience in the field of management, administration, accounting and/or audit, budget or financial management.
- Working knowledge of English and good command of spoken and written Kiswahili;
- Computer literacy and ability to effectively use word processing, accounting, financial management systems and other office applications and equipment:
- Demonstrable knowledge and working experience of United Nations or reputable international organizations will be an added advantage.
Remuneration: Based on UN salary scales for Tanzania
How to Apply: Candidates should complete the FAO Personal Profile Form (PPF) accessible at: http://www.fao.org/employment/irecruitment/en/ Applications should be sent with a detailed CV and Personal Profile Form not later than 15th October 2007 to:
SIDA H, Ada Estate
All Hassan Mwinyi Road
P. 0. Box 2 Dar es Salaam
Source: The Guardian September 28, 2017