RISK MANAGER AT THE PRIVATE AGRICULTURAL SECTOR SUPPORT (PASS)
Private Agricultural Sector Support (PASS: www.pass.ac.tz) is a non-bank financial organization that has a vision of facilitating provision of business development and financial services and credit guarantee to commercial farmers and agri-businesses that operate as small
and medium scale enterprises (SMEs) in Tanzania. As a continuous process of striving to attain this vision, PASS has recently launched an Agribusiness Innovation Center (AIC: www.aic.co.tz) which aims to promote the growth of agro-processing enterprises in Tanzania that have the potential to become local, national, or regional market leaders.
PASS is recruiting a Risk Manager who will be in-charge of Risk Management activities in the Trust, responsible for the leadership, innovation, governance, and management necessary to identify, evaluate, mitigate, and monitor all risks the Trust is vulnerable to.
The Risk Manager will be responsible for and will have a duty to advice Management on potential risks to the Trust, on identifying and assessing threats, putting plans in place for if risks occurs and deciding how to avoid, reduce, transfer or mitigate risks and on risk management issues that may impact the strategic direction of the Trust.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Risk Manager’s activities will include:
1. Planning, designing and implementing an overall risk management process for the Trust,
2. Risk assessment, which involves analyzing risks as well as identifying, describing and estimating the risks affecting the business,
3. Risk evaluation, which involves comparing estimated risks with criteria established by the Trust such as costs, legal requirements and environmental factors, and evaluating the Trust's previous handling of risks,
4. Establishing and quantifying the Trust's 'risk appetite', i.e. the level of risk the Trust is prepared to accept,
5. Risk reporting in an appropriate way to the board of Trustees so they understand the most significant risks, to Management to ensure they are aware of risks relevant to their parts of the business and to individuals to understand their accountability for individual risks,
6. Corporate governance involving external risk reporting to stakeholders,
7. Advice Management on matters related to implementing and making business continuity plans to limit risks and prepare for in the event of risk occurrence,
8. Providing support, education and training to staff to build risk awareness within the Trust.
- The person should hold a minimum of undergraduate degree in commerce, banking, economics, risk management or other relevant business studies.
- Postgraduate qualifications are an added advantage.
- A working experience in risk management, at management level, of at least three years in a busy organization, in finance sector is compulsory.
- The person should have Business acumen with ability to understand broad business issues, problem-solving and decision-making abilities, analytical skills and a good eye for detail, ability to work under pressure and minimum supervision, planning and organization skills, negotiation skills and the ability to influence people, good communication and presentation skills, commercial awareness as well as numerical skills and ability to evaluate costs.
- He/she should have strong communication skills, be a team player, strategic and creative, excellent project management skills and the ability to drive performance from all areas within the Trust.
Mode of Application
If you feel up to the challenge of leading a risk management function, please review thoroughly the detailed job description above and apply by sending a cover letter and an elaborate Curriculum Vitae and certificates by email to: email@example.com
Closing date for receipt of applications is 31st August 2017