EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES AT FHI 360 TANZANIAFHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology- creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60countries. Currently, FHI360 is seeking qualified candidates to fill various below positions for its USAID funded TULONGE AFYA Project (formerly Comprehensive Platform for Integrated Communications Initiative (CPICI) in Tanzania. The project seeks to improve health status, especially of women and youth, through the promotion of positive health practices in households and communities.
Senior Monitoring & Evaluation/KM Officer X 1
Position Responsibilities include:
The incumbent will be' responsible for ensuring appropriate tracking and assessment of all project activities and progress towards achieving project objectives; reporting on project outputs and outcomes; ensuring effective data collection, verification, analysis and reporting of project data from the zonal offices and from knowledge management activities, formative and baseline researches and ongoing sentinel surveys. Additionally, will be
• Assisting with the design and implementation of an effective monitoring and evaluation plan (MEP) and Data Use Plan consistent with the annual work plan
• Assisting with development of annual work plan including formulating activities, timelines, targets and budgets for project activities
• Assisting with design and implementation of relevant studies Qualitative, quantitative, desk review.
• Supporting data analysis, including use of appropriate quantitative or qualitative analysis software.
• Providing technical support to the Government and implementing partners to improve the reliability of SBCC related data and increase the use of data for planning and providing timely feedback.
• Conducting technical assistance and coaching related to M&E and research skills and tools.
• Working in close coordination and supporting other SBCC specialists across Tanzania in activities.
• Master’s Degree in Statistics, Public health, Sociology and 5-7 years of relevant experience; or Bachelor's, in similar field and 7-9 years of relevant experience
• At least 4 years of experience in supporting M&E and research activities for SBCC public health projects
• Expertise in use of at least one quantitative or qualitative data analysis software package (SAS, Stata, NVivo, Atlas T.L); Familiarity with geospatial software (Le. ArcGIS
• Experience using database or MIS applications (i.e. DHIS2, Microsoft Access, OpenMRS, Open LMIS)
• Experience with mobile data collection platforms (i.e. Qualtrix, Open
• Data Kit (ODK)) or techniques (i.e, SMS, interactive voice response (IVR), ACASI)
• Strong communication and writing skills required
• Ability to work independently and manage a high volume of work flo
• Fluency in both English and Kiswahili
Zonal Manager X 1
The Position will be responsible for leading implementation of project activities in the zone. Slhe will be responsible for focal regions and districts within the zone and for regional coordination and joint-planning with Government, local NGO partners, community organizations, and civil society partners, Additional functions include:
• Establishing and maintaining excellent relationship with collaborating agencies; partnering with to troubleshoot site specific operational issues; maintaining cross-functional project timelines,
• Overseeing zonal SBCC and CS strategy design and execution
• Developing best practices and tools for project execution and management
• Identifying and resolving project issues' and implementing improvement plans' to ensure the project stays on schedule and within budget.
• Drafting and coordinating the review of relevant documents including work plans, progress reports, and site visit reports.
• Coaching, mentoring, and managing project team and partners to ensure quality, efficiency and compliance with project and FHI360 standards/policies.
• Providing guidance and monitoring for project staff, ensuring clarity over project plans and priorities and encouraging effective team work
• Conducting site monitoring visits as required.
• Master's Degree in communication, public health, social science, behavioral change communication or related field and 5-7 years of relevant experience; OR Bachelor's Degree in similar field and 7-9 years of relevant experience.
• At least 5-7 years of experi'ence supporting SBCC and capacity strengthening projects in Tanzania, including design, development, and implementation of SBCC activities.
• 3+ years of experience in implementing and managing public relations, branding/marketing communication or advocacy projects or campaigns. ~ust have demonstrated experience in planning and implementing strategic media campaigns for local and national brands and has built and managed social media platforms in the past.
• Knowledge of state of the art public relations, marketing, social and behavior change communication models and strategies and their practical application. Technical knowledge of one or more of the health topic areas (MNCH, FP, malaria, HIV/AIDS, TB) is desirable.
• Demonstrated experience in the development and use of multi-media communications.
• Ability to synthesize and translate technically complex information into plain language communication products. Work in low-literacy
• Field experience in developing implementing social and behavior change communication, advocacy and public relations projects/programs that have demonstrated impact.
• Understanding of formative research, pretesting, and monitoring and evaluation methodologies for effective communication and public relations/advocacy campaigns
• Demonstrated strong technical, programming and management skills.
• Excellent oral/written communication skills in English; additional of a local language is a plus.
• Demonstrated interpersonal and negotiation skills and experience working in collaboration with partners, donors and NGOs.
Director, Monitoring, Evaluation and Knowledge Management X 1
The M&E/KM Director will work in close collaboration with the Chief of Party to ensure M&E and Knowledge Management strategies are sound and support the results and goals of the project. S/he will monitor project results and be 'responsible for the quality and accuracy of technical results and reporting.
Position Responsibilities include
• Leading the design and implementation of the project's (a) M&E activities-i.e developrnent Performance M&E Plan; development and monitoring of indicators; implementation (baseline and monitoring studies oversight of data collection and analysis; synthesis of data; (b) research activities including performance/impact evaluations and rapid/special studies.
• Leading efforts to ide,ntfty 'key research questions and developing studies that test innovative strategies for addressing improving the quality and uptake of health services.
• Overseeing dissemination of information on successful approaches; lessons and other results' to local, national, and regional-level intergovernmental bodies, donors, partners and stakeholders.
• Ensuring that data from the project is fed into the national HMIS, and promoting its use among stakeholders for learning and policy development and programming,
• Managing teams of M&E staff; building capacity of staff, implementing partners, government counterparts and stakeholders in M&E, data collection and management, knowledge management and research.
• Ensuring all research and evaluation conducted under the project includes a gender focus that promotes gender equitable programming
• Monitoring and maintaining relevant protocols, instruments, data sets, manuals. training materials and reports.
• Master's Degree or higher in monitoring and evaluation, public health, demography, health management, social science, biostatistics, statistics, or a related field required;
• 7+ years' experience in M&E and research related to large scale health development programs ; Experience working in one or more of the following areas is required:
• Family Planning/Reproductive Health; Maternal, Newborn, Child and Adolescent Health; Malaria, HIV/AIDS; Tuberculosis
• Three years' experience with management of M&E systems for USG health initiatives is highly desired; also, demonstrated experience in target setting and reporting against USG health initiatives
• Strong quantitative or mixed-method and analytical skills and ability to articulate technical information clearly and effectively to both technical and non-technical audiences;
• Excellent knowledge of data collection protocols for quality data collection and verification.
• Ability to analyze multiple sources of data to identify data trends and provide recommendations on project implementation
• Demonstrated experience and familiarity with behavioral surveillance surveys, research methodologies, qualitative and quantitative research methods, data analysis, sampling methods, and establishment of M&E systems in developing country contexts
• Demonstrated experience leading and building the capacity of M&E officers in a decentralized setting
• Excellent English verbal and written communication; excellent report ' writing skills,
• Proven ability to work as an effective team member
• Demonstrated interpersonal and negotiation skills and experience working in collaboration with partners, donors, and NGOs.
• Ability to set priorities while multi-tasking, and meet deadlines
Send your Application, Curriculum Vitae (CV)/Resume, Photocopies of Certificates and Names and Addresses of three (3) D referees to:-e mall: email@example.com/ OR mail by post to Human Resources
Department FHI360 P.O. Box 78082, Dar es Salaam. Closing Date: August 15,2017
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Source: The Guardian 1 August 2017