Closing On: Friday, 4th August 2017
Job Type:Full Time
Education: Graduate Degree
POSITION TITLE: Sub Grants Officer
REPORTS TO: Sub Grants Manager
LOCATION: Dar Es Salaam Office with frequent field travel of up to 75%
OVERALL JOB FUNCTION:
The Sub Grants officer will be responsible to focus on all issues related to sub awardee efficient management of THPS funds and to monitor the financial and administrative systems for proper utilization of such funds. S/He will work with R/CHMTs and other THPS sub grantees in building their capacity towards compliance and efficiency in managing donor funds including timely reporting. Under the leadership of the subs manager he will facilitate and coordinate the subs budgeting process and provide ongoing feedback to the THPS on the implementation of the subs work plans. The job entails frequent field travel of up to 75%Tanzania.
- Assist in assessing the financial and administrative requirement for the sub awardees.
- Adapt administrative and financial policies and procedures for the sub awardees which includes ; manuals, user guides and templates to be compliant with donor and THPS requirements
- Provide training and technical support to sub awardees staff to improve administrative and financial systems by using THPS management tools and general management of fund procedures.
- Ensure consistent application of THPS financial and administrative policies/standards, as well as donor, and THPS rules and regulations
- Act as resource person for tracking and monitoring systems, reporting policies and procedures to sub awardees
- Ensure that sub awardees provide their reports accurately and on time
- Monitoring of sub awardees invoices and advances from THPS
- Monitor the need for external audits of sub awardees, and manage the audit as needed
- Coordinate with THPS finance staff and field finance managers to correct sub awardees account errors and improve systems
- Train new sub awardees staff on matters related with financial management and perform project financial review
- Assist in provision of procedures for sub awardees closing by making sure that all steps and regulations are followed properly
- Supervise and train the Sub award Finance Staff in donor rules and regulations and the Financial Reporting.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors degree or equivalent in Accountancy, Finance .
- CPA, ACCA or other equivalent professional certification will be an added advantage
- High level of integrity
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision
- At least four years work experience in the related field is an added experience.
Interested applicants should apply through THPS website (www.thps.or.tz) using vacancy link located under career opportunities, attaching their application cover letter one page maximum and CV four pages maximum by August 4th 2017 with a subject line for example: Sub Grants Officer Dar Es Salaam Office. Only short listed applicants will be contacted. Please do not attach any certificates when submitting online.
THPS is an equal opportunity employer; women and people living with HIV/AIDS are encouraged to apply.
Source: The Guardian 26 July, 2017