JOB OPPORTUNITYSENIOR PROGRAMME MANAGER, IMPROVING ACCESS TO MATERNAL AND NEWBORN HEALTH (MNH) IN MWANZA, TANZANIA (IMPACT)
The Senior Programme Manager will be expected to take lead on planning, coordinating and overseeing project activities to support the goal of the four year IMPACT project who will assume leadership and accountability of the overall strategic and operational planning and management. Reporting to the Director of Programmes AKHST, a key responsibility is to assume leadership for the successful implementation of this project, and work closely with internal and external stakeholders including government authorities. The project in Mwanza is implemented by the AKHST and theAga Khan Foundation, Tanzania in partnership with sister organizations in the Aga Khan Development 'etwork (AKDN) including Aga Aga Khan University.
- Overall planning and implementation of MNH project with a subset of the regional portfolio of engagements, developing and delivering cost effective services contributing to partners' sustainable results and achievements of IMPACT results.
- Review and comprehend projects implementation plan (PIP) and lead all aspects of the projects life cycle and embed sustainability dimensions including social and gender inclusion, environmental and economic aspects into project life cycle.
- Implement approved project plans (including the establishment of milestones) within tolerances set by the project board
- Overall Financial planning and management of the project
- Provide quality and timely management of project lifecycle for project activities including meeting programmatic and financial deliverables;
- Develop and steward annual and specific project plans and budgets consistent with both organizational and donor requirements.
- Provide oversight of policy and technical guidance to implementing partners to ensure quality of service provision and alignment of priorities and maintain effective and regular communication with all implementing partners inco AKDN stakeholders and regional and district government entities
- Provide overall oversight of the project development of synthesizing and disseminating lessons learned from projects between implementing partners
- Lead internal and external program planning and reporting including annual work planning with technical and implementing partners, including capacity building and technical assistance
- Monitor development and implementation of annual work plans, and serve as the catalyst for building capacity of national, provincial, and municipal stakeholders and government
- Supervise evidence-based ME activities to support program decisions in order to evaluate and measure program effectiveness and to maximize health impact
Professional Qualification and Experience:
- Master's degree or higher in Public Health (MPH), MD (with MPH degree) or other relevant degree. PhD will be an advantage
- A minimum of 10 years of demonstrated experience in the design, implementation, and monitoring of MNCH funded projects, preferably of similar size and scope, with extensive experience of managing people and project budgets.
- Special experience on large scale Heath systems strengthening focusing on Reproductive Maternal Newborn and Child health projects
- Experience and are passionate in building local technical, management and leadership capacity.
- Significant demonstrated managing MNCH programs, personnel and financial management experience.
- Significant demonstrated experience in management, international development work, and preferably on MNCH or other related health programmes
- Excellent inter-personal, communication and negotiation skills
- High level of Integrity
- Team player and team builder/leader
- Proven results-based program development and management
- Strong management and organizational skills
- Written and oral proficiency in English including public speaking
- Good understanding of electronic communications and standard office computer software
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural and multi-national work environment.
SEND APPLICATION LETTER WITH DETAILED CURRICULUM VITAE & CERTIFIED TESTIMONIALS;
- ONLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED FOR INTERVIEWS -
BY EMAIL (PREFERRED): email@example.com
BY MAIL OR DELIVERED: AGA KHAN HOSPITAL, HUMAN RESOURCE DEPARTMENT,
P. 0. BOX 2289, OCEAN ROAD, DAR ES SALAAM, TANZANIA
DEADLINE FOR SUBM!SSION IS ON 9TH JUNE, 2017
NAFASI YA KAZI/AJIRA AGA KHAN FOUNDATION, TANZANIA - JUNE 2017
Avoid scams : NEVER pay to have your CV / Application pushed forward. Any job vacancy requesting payment for any reason is a SCAM.