Senior M&E and Research Director [re-advertisement]
Sauti is a 5-year USAID-funded award being implemented by Jhpiego-Tanzania in collaboration with partners EngenderHealth, PACT and NIMR/Mwanza.
The goal of Sauti is to contribute to the improved health of all Tanzanians through a sustained reduction in new HIV infections in support of the Government Tanzania through deploying new, and/or enhancing existing, vulnerability-tailored high-quality combination HIV prevention; positive health, dignity and prevention (PHDP); and family planning (FP) services for key and vulnerable populations (KVP) in selected regions of Tanzania. Anticipated project results include: 1) Increased and timely use of HIV prevention and FP services; 2) Improved positive behaviors and social norms at the individual and community levels; 3) Reduced vulnerability of women through novel structural interventions; and 4) Increasingly sustainable comprehensive HIV prevention services for KVP.
The project is currently being implemented in selected districts in lringa, Njombe, Mbeya, Shinyanga, Dar es Salaam, Mtwara, Tabora, Morogoro, Kilimanjaro, Singida, Dodoma and Arusha regions.
Jhpiego is therefore seeking to recruit the Senior M&E and Research Director.
Position: Senior M&E and Research Director [1 position based in Dar es Salaam]
Job Overview: The project Monitoring, Evaluation and Research (MER) Director will provide technical leadership, oversight and strategic direction for MER activities for a large PEPFAR funded project focused on delivery of HIV, family planning and other services to key and vulnerable populations. This includes providing technical leadership, standardization and operational efficiency to develop and implement project MER activities. The MER Director will lead and manage a team to ensure quality-assured technical implementation of MER activities, including monitoring project for accountability and reporting, use of data for project decision making, technical assistance to partners and research design, implementation, analysis and publications.
- Master's degree in public health, demography, sociology, epidemiology, biostatistics, psychology or related field or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of work experience in M&E in international health sector development
- 5+ years of work experience with management of M&E systems for USG-funded HIV projects
- At least two years of MER experience for projects focused on key and vulnerable populations in HIV, family planning, adolescent health, social behavior change communication and economic empowerment
- Demonstrated experience with PEPFAR reporting framework and system
- Proficient in target-setting
- Exceptional ability to analyze multiple sources of data to identify data trends and provide recommendations on project implementation
- Proven expertise in quantitative and qualitative methodologies, operations research, health management information systems, reporting, data quality assessments, data analysis and presentation
- Demonstrated expertise working in a leadership capacity with international donors, senior government officials and policymakers
- Demonstrated strong management, coordination, team mentoring, teamwork and planning skills with proven ability to function effectively with multiple host-country counterparts in both the public and NGO sectors
- Demonstrated experience and familiarity with behavioral surveillance surveys, research methodologies, qualitative and quantitative research methods, data analysis, sampling methods, and establishment of M&E systems in developing country contexts.
- Familiarity with Tanzanian health management information system and other national MER systems, policies and procedures
- Excellent writing and communications skills, including publication in peer-reviewed journals
- Ability to work effectively with diverse international teams
- Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines and intense pressure to perform
- Strong technical skills, including ability to process and analyze data using one or more statistical software packages, including at least one of the following: SPSS, Epi-lnfo, Stata, MS Access
- Proficiency in word processing and Microsoft Office
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Excellent facilitation, oral and written communications skills
- Ability to travel nationally and internationally
Jhpiego offers a competitive package selected candidates in line with salary history, academic qualifications and relevant experience.
To apply please indicate the position title and region of reference on the envelop or subject line of your e-mail. Applications should also include an up-to-date CV with three contactable professional references. a cover letter and your salary history. Applications which do NOT include ALL of these elements will NOT be considered.
The application should be addressed to:
Director of Human Resource
Plot 72, Block 45B, New Bagamoyo Road - Victoria
PO Box 9170
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
OR send the application through email at: HRTZ@jhpiego.org
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The Closing date will be on 23rd June 2017, at 5:00 P.M.
Caution to the applicants:
There have been some bogus job adverts online that require candidates to apply through some email addresses of public domains e.g. Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc. Kindly note: HRTZ@jhpiego.org is the address to use all the time. Please ignore any of those adverts. We also don't charge any application fee nor entertain any meetings or telephone calls. If shortlisted, you will get an official call from our office and receive required steps. If you suspect any wrong - doing kindly write to the Director of Human Resource email@example.com
NAFASI YA AJIRA/KAZI JHPIEGO
Avoid scams : NEVER pay to have your CV / Application pushed forward. Any job vacancy requesting payment for any reason is a SCAM.