VACANCY: SENIOR GRANTS OFFICERManagement and Development for Health (MDH) is a not for profit organization addressing public health priorities. MDH works with the Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children, academic and non-academic institutions within the country and worldwide, to address tuberculosis, malaria, HIV/AIDS,nutrition, maternal and child health and to undertake initiatives to advance public health research, education, and services for improving the lives of people. MDH seeks to recruit a qualified individual to fill the following position:
The Senior Grants Officer will oversee the post award 'grants processes ·and budget management for programs and projects as well as to help to provide grant and financial compliance leadership. The Senior Grants Officer works closely with both Finance, Programs, Strategic Information and Operations departments plus the senior leadership team to ensure organizational effectiveness and compliance with all rules and regulations. She/he suggests relevant policies, SOPs and regulations revision to fit into the current strategic plan and provide technical assistance as and when required
- Coordinate and administer post-award grants management activities for all sponsored projects.
- Regularly monitor, analyze, evaluate and document sub grantee expenditures to ensure compliance with Donor regulations and specific terms and conditions of awards.
- Create an up to date, active and reliable grant database, by duration, donor, funding amount throughout the time and a reliable and updated list of all active contracts.
- Produce monthly/quarterly key performance indicator statistics as and when required and to make proactive suggestions of any new indicators
- To be fully conversant with terms and conditions from all funding bodies to ensure financial integrity of all grants and contracts and that all the sub grantees are compliant to rules and donor regulations.
- Review and communicate award expiration dates, contract as well as budget modifications/redirections and carry forwards/carry-overs and initiate the necessary prior approval process.
- Review grants reports and communicate with funders and stakeholders for accuracy and compliance prior to submission.
- Take lead in coordinating preparation of both Programmatic work plan and Operational work plan and ensure to consolidate the two documents to reconcile with the approved budget.
- Support the Non Grant/Finance staff by providing training, tools and resources on grants and compliance policies plus procedures.
- Maintain a sub-grantee relationship and monitoring report files and keep it updated on quarterly basis
Interested candidates should submit an application letter, a detailed copy of their CV, as well as names and contact information (email addresses and telephone numbers) of three work related referees.
Applications should be submitted by June 28th, 2017, to the Human Resource Manager through e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or dropped by hand at the MDH Head Office in Mikocheni, along Mwai Kibaki Road, Plot No. 802.
Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
NAFASI YA AJIRA MDH, JUNE 2017
Avoid scams : NEVER pay to have your CV / Application pushed forward. Any job vacancy requesting payment for any reason is a SCAM.