VACANCIES/CAREERSAdvertisement: ADSI Project Coordinators (2) Positions (Tanzania)
Job title: African Digital Schools Initiative (ADSI) Project Coordinators for Tanzania
Type: Fixed term contract, 1st August 2017 – 31st December 2020
Deadline for applications: 23rd June 2017
Start date: 1st August 2017
Location: 2 Regions in Tanzania; Coast and Morogoro
GESCI, the Global E-Schools and Communities Initiative, is a non-profit organisation founded by the United Nations ICT Taskforce. GESCI, is headquartered in Nairobi, Kenya. It provides strategic advice and assistance to Governments in the socio-economic development of their countries through the widespread integration of technologyfor knowledge society development, especially in the education, skills training, leadership, and community development domains. See: www.gesci.org
The African Digital Schools Initiative (ADSI) is a 5-year initiative funded by the MasterCard Foundation (MCF). The initiative presents a new methodology for transforming secondary schools into digital schools of distinction. It is designed specifically to build secondary-level student 21st century skills and teachers’ innovative practice in a way that is responsive to the needs of the market place and to the emerging knowledge economies and societies. The ADSI model is a phased approach to digital whole school development in ICT use. It seeks to incrementally move schools and teachers towards transformative educational practice and quality student learning outcomes. It adopts the blended learning model in teacher professional development which incorporate school-based and online professional development support. This is a cost-effective and sustainable model for educational transformation. The programme will be implemented in collaboration with the Ministries of Education and associated agencies in Kenya, Tanzania and Cote d’Ivoire.
The ADSI targets for Tanzania are: 10 school support teams, 40 secondary schools, 400 teachers and approximately 20,000 students;
GESCI is seeking to hire two Project Coordinators (PCs) for the ADSI Programme in Tanzania. The Project Coordinators will be based in the following regions: Coast and Morogoro in Tanzania to oversee project implementation in 20 schools each and to work directly with the school leadership, School Based Coordinators (SBCs) and 200 teachers. He/she will report directly to the ADSI Country Project Manager.
Planning for the ADSI project at the Region level
Stakeholder Engagement at the Regions
ADSI Project Management at the Regional level
Facilitate Training and associated coaching, mentoring and support for school leaders and teachers in the Region
Documentation and Reporting
Representation Organization the regional level
Monitoring Evaluation, Research and Learning for the ADSI project
Education and professional qualifications
A Bachelors or Master’s degree in Education/ICT in Education/related field (a bias towards STEM subjects will be an added advantage) (R)
Training in teacher professional development support, monitoring and reporting (a bias towards STEM subjects will be an added advantage) (R)
Training in admin requirements (reconciliation, requests, approval processes) (D)
(R) = Required
(D) = Desirable
Skills and experience
- Minimum of 8+ years effective, high impact teaching/training experience at secondary level, with a bias towards STEM subjects
- Minimum of 5+ years’ participation in direct teacher professional development support including, tutoring, coaching, mentoring, monitoring and reporting.
- Proven track record of involvement in the transformation of education at local level particularly towards ICT based approaches to teaching and learning and quality improvement.
- Analytical skills and basic research and report writing experience.
- Knowledge of the Tanzania regional level education contexts and experience of working with structures at this level.
- Use of Skype and WhatsApp, dropbox, mahara, yammer, google calendar, times task participants’ database etc.
Personal qualities and traits:
- Excellent teacher professional development support skills including ability to use a variety of ICT based approaches to provide the same.
- Ability to work at the regional/district and local secondary school levels.
- Ability to follow through with the teachers and ensure effective transfer of what is learned either face to face or through online interaction.
- Strong English communication and interpersonal skills.
- Skills in planning, scheduling, managing and reporting on activities and related outputs.
Please submit your detailed CV, proof of credentials and names of referees along with a cover letter specifying why you qualify for this position to Programme Manager ADSI, to the following e-mail address: email@example.com by 23rd June 2017. Kindly note that only candidates who meet the outlined qualifications and experience need apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Source: Ministry Of Education Official Website
NAFASI ZA KAZI SERIKALINI (WIZARA YA ELIMU)
Avoid scams : NEVER pay to have your CV / Application pushed forward. Any job vacancy requesting payment for any reason is a SCAM.