JOBS/VACANCIESCAAREER OPPORTUNITY -Program Officer -Monitoring and Evaluation (One Position)
The Centre for Counseling, Nutrition, and Health Care (COUNSENUTH) is a Tanzanian non profit, non-governmental organization working to scale up nutrition work in Tanzania. The mission of COUNSENUTH is to improve quality of life for vulnerable groups through cost effective, evidence-based, locally appropriate nutrition interventions. COUNSENUTH achieves this mission by building a multi-sectoral advocacy movement for better nutrition governance through active engagement with citizens, policy makers, and government authorities at all levels.
COUNSENUTH is inviting applications to fill the position of Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, which will be based in Dar Es Salaam but work in all regions where COUNSENUETH operates. The Applicant should be capable of working with the Government, donors, community and people of different nationalities and cultural backgrounds. He/she must have very good interpersonal skills, be highly motivated, creative, a team player with high degree of integrity and must be fluent in both written and spoken Kiswahili and English.
The M&E Program officer will ensure that a log frame -based M&E system based on outcomes is fully and consistently integrated into all COUNSENUTH programs, meets the reporting needs of all key stakeholders and is further refined and enhanced on an ongoing basis. This position reports to Director of Programs.
Qualifications and Experience
The applicant must:
- Hold a Masters degree in Public Health, Demography, statistics or monitoring and evaluation
- Have at least 3 years working experience in monitoring and evaluation in a big NGO
- Proven expertise in quantitative & qualitative methodologies, operations research, reporting, data quality assessment, data analysis and presentation and knowledge management
- Have strong technical skills, including but not limited to processing and analysis using one or more statistical software packages including at least one of the following: SPSS, Epi-info, stata
- Have experience of working with Government institutions, the local government authorities, civil society organizations, community partners and development partners.
- Have excellent writing and communication skills
- Has ample knowledge of budgeting for and managing funds allocated to M/E
Role and Responsibilities:
- Participate in all planning and budgeting of programmes and integrate the ME component in all programmes and the organizational management systems
- Responsible for establishing a reliable and consistent set of outcome indicators for all program activities as well as developing an organization -wide core set of indicators
- Participate in data collection, and synthesize and analysis and prepare summary and thematic reports on M&E findings
- Develop, refine and manage the process for regular reporting on findings and coordinate with Program Director and other staff for the dissemination of information
- Manage day to day operation of the M&E system, including support of Center's field officers in continued implementation of M&E tools and instruments
- Provide technical assistance to grant proposal development on monitoring and evaluation component
- Coordinate, develop and facilitate training materials and presentation for capacity building of M&E staff in the regions
- Keep abreast of the latest developments in M&E and network with other organization for best practice and technical assistance
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and Annual program reports and
- Performs any other duties as assigned by the authority.
Mode of Application:
Interested applicants· should send their written applications, up to date curriculum vitae with three professional references, certified copies of academic certificates not later than 19th June 2017 to:
The Executive Director,
The Centre for Counselling, Nutrition and Health care (COUNSENUTH),
Plot No. 22 Sam Nujoma Rd Mikocheni B.
P.O. Box 8218, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania;
Please indicate the position title on the envelope or subject line of your email.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
NAFASI YA KAZI/AJIRA The Centre for Counselling, Nutrition and Health care (COUNSENUTH), JUNE 2017
Avoid scams : NEVER pay to have your CV / Application pushed forward. Any job vacancy requesting payment for any reason is a SCAM.