EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES/JOBS AT TIB DEVELOPMENT BANKTIB Development Bank Limited, the premier national Development Financial Institution, aims to focus on national projects towards the attainment of the Tanzanian Development Vision 2025. The bank’s mandate is to support the Government in achieving rapid economic growth through the development of industries, infrastructure, social services and the oil and gas sector. In this regard, activities of TIB have specifically expanded and the bank now invites applications from suitable, qualified and skilled persons to the following available vacancies:-
PRINCIPAL OFFICER, LITIGATION AND ADVISORY SERVICES
Nature and Scope
The successful candidate will work in the Directorate of Legal and Secretariat Services and report to the Manager, Litigation and Advisory Services. She/he shall ensure that the bank is well advised on all legal issues involving its operations.
1. Assisting in the mitigation of the bank’s legal risk by provision of Legal Advisory Services to the bank.
2. Providing advice on deal structuring in terms of collaterals, review and preparation of Contracts whereby the bank is a party thereto.
3. Advising Human Resource Department on Labour related matters and proper disciplinary actions to be taken including adherence to legal procedures.
4. Provision of sound legal advice (whether informal or formal/written legal opinions) as requested from time to time to the Board of Directors, Managing Director, Management, various committees, Departments and the bank at large.
5. Assist in preparing litigation and law firms’ management policy, Advisory Framework and other policies/ work frames as may be required from time to time.
6. Acting as solicitors to the bank, prepare documents for civil suits/litigation on behalf of the bank including but not limited in appearing in Court.
7. Advising on the retention of lawyers and conduct of court cases for the bank.
8. Representing the bank in all legal matters outside the bank and in Courts of Law and Tribunals.
9. Keeping abreast of all legislative changes in the country and updating the bank on caselaws which may have impact to the bank.
10. Perform any other related duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Supervisor.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience
1. Bachelor Degree in Law (LL.B) and LL.M in commercial law obtained from a recognized Institution.
2. Must be a Registered Advocate with a valid practicing certificate.
3. Minimum of six (6) years working experience, in related function at a reputable institution.
4. Excellent written and oral communication skills with ability to prepare legal documents in a concise and focused style.
5. Must be computer literate.
TIB Development Bank Limited is an equal opportunity employer. The bank offers an attractive remuneration package, career development opportunities and an excellent working environment.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Qualifying candidates should apply in writing to or lodge their applications at the address below, enclosing:-
1. An application letter.
2. Comprehensive curriculum Vitae.
3. Copies of relevant certificates and awards.
4. Contact address including telephone number(s) and/or email address(s) if available.
5. Names and full addresses of three referees.
Closing Date is 29th June 2017.
TIB Development Bank
Building No. 3; Mlimani City Office Park,
Sam Nujoma Road, Ubungo
Dar es Salaam
Tel. 2411101-9/ 2411100
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: www.tib.co.tz
NAFASI ZA AJIRA / KAZI TIB DEVELOPMENT BANK TANZANIA, JUNE 2017
Avoid scams : NEVER pay to have your CV / Application pushed forward. Any job vacancy requesting payment for any reason is a SCAM.