The International Training and Education Center for Health (I-TECH) is collaboration between the University of Washington, in Seattle, Washington, a: the University of California, San Francisco. It is a center in the University of Washington's Department of Global Health and has offices in Africa, India, a: - Haiti, and projects in more than twenty countries. 1-TECH's has employed approximately 500 worldwide staff who works with local ministries of health:· universities, non-governmental organizations (NGOs), medical facilities, and other partners to support the development of a skilled health work force a: - well-organized national health delivery systems. 1-TECH's activities occur primarily in the technical areas of health system strengthening; health workforce development; operations research and evaluation; and prevention, care, and treatment of infectious diseases.
The Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Specialist serves as a key member of I-TECH Tanzania's technical teams. The incumbent's key function is to develop and implement program assessments and evaluations, as well as working closely with program leads and technical teams to assure program activities are in line with expected programmatic deliverables. The position plays a central role in conducting formative assessments, monitoring, and outcome evaluations for improving program effectiveness through direct service and technical assistance. S/he will also be responsible for developing monitoring and evaluation plans, collecting and analyzing data, writing reports and reporting key findings and recommendations for decision making process.
Position: Monitoring and Evaluations Specialist
Reports to: Country Representative
Contract: 9 months
Location: Dar es Salaam with 40% travel time will require early morning/evening conference calls with colleagues across multiple time zones including with colleagues in Seattle (USA).
Duties and Responsibilities
- The M&E Senior Advisor will be responsible for the following:
- Lead the development of assessment and progra:m evaluation designs and protocols;
- Contribute to Institutional Review Board (IRB) applications and to ethical clearance with NIMR
- Analyze qualitative and quantitative data;
- Produce tables, charts and graphs for assessments and evaluations in line with data analysis plans
- Apply theory to practice related to evaluation of health systems strengthening, quality improvement, and human capacity development methodologies
- Conduct literature reviews to inform public health program intervention selection and support.
- Develop M&E plans; SMART objectives, logic models and creating or revising M&E frameworks;
- Develop plans for routine program data collection, monitoring and processes to ensure data quality.
- Assist program team to use data for decision making, make recommendations and improvement based on assessment, monitoring, and evaluation data and drawing on lessons learned across the organization.
- Contribute to the identification and tracking of relevant PEPFAR MER indicators.
- In conjunction with HQ staff liaise with international clearance oversight bodies as required for obtaining updates and clarifications to ethical review guidelines
- Organize and lead reporting processes for quarterly, semi-annual, and annual reports
- Research, compile, write, and submit information for project report requirements and other internal and external communications and management documents
- Master's Degree or higher in public health, epidemiology, biostatistics, or other related fields with some formal training or demonstrated experience · monitoring and evaluation
- At least 7 years of relevant work in monitoring and evaluation; Experience in performance monitoring, designing and implementing health program evaluation and applied research in developing country setting
- Demonstrated experience in and knowledge of PEPFAR reporting requirements and procedures including annual and semi-annual reports, country operational plans and target setting
- Experience developing M&E plans, work plans
- Familiarity with software for data analysis (e.g. SPSS, STATA)
- Excellent quantitative and qualitative analysis skills
- Excellent English writing and presentation skills and experience in report writing
- Ability to travel in remote areas.
- Fluency in Kiswahili
- Graduation from advanced Field Epidemiology Training Program, OR at least 2 year of experience working in disease surveillance, outbreak response and/or observational epidemiology
- Medical Doctor or Nursing degree
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your application letter and CV ONLY to Human Resources Manager via firstname.lastname@example.org not later than June 14th, 2017. Only short listed applicants will be contacted. Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
NAFASI YA AJIRA/KAZI The International Training and Education Center for Health (I-TECH), TANZANIA, JUNE 2017
Avoid scams : NEVER pay to have your CV / Application pushed forward. Any job vacancy requesting payment for any reason is a SCAM.