EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES/JOBS AT TIB DEVELOPMENT BANKTIB Development Bank Limited, the premier national Development Financial Institution, aims to focus on national projects towards the attainment of the Tanzanian Development Vision 2025. The bank’s mandate is to support the Government in achieving rapid economic growth through the development of industries, infrastructure, social services and the oil and gas sector. In this regard, activities of TIB have specifically expanded and the bank now invites applications from suitable, qualified and skilled persons to the following available vacancies:-
MANAGER, PAYMENTS AND DATA ASSURANCE
Nature and Scope
The successful candidate will report to the Director of Finance. She/he is responsible for data quality and their capture in the banking system, payment to all service providers of the bank including statutory payments as well as providing payment services to bank staff & proper maintenance of the General Ledger. She/he is also responsible to account for and manage taxes arising from payments that the bank makes such as withholding tax and Value Added Tax.
1. Ensure that all financial transactions (both own and for managed funds) are properly accounted for in the banking and other accounting systems by reviewing the data capture journals on daily basis and maintaining the relevant accounting records properly.
2. Review the General ledger accounts and ensure that all accounts are properly described and classified as per approved chart of accounts.
3. Responsible for opening new internal accounts.
4. Handle the banks payments to service providers and resultant taxes including VAT and withholding tax.
5. Account for staff loans – both payments and collections.
6. Account for staff safari imprests and official advances ensuring they are timely retired and any new advances are made to only deserving staff.
7. Account for the bank’s payroll including ensuring that payroll related taxes and other payments are properly done.
8. Ensure Tanzania Revenue Authority returns for all taxes are correctly and timely prepared and submitted.
9. Account for the bank’s loan impairment calculations ensuring the correct impairment amount is reflected in the bank’s financial statements.
10. Perform any other related duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Supervisor.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience
1. Bachelor Degree/Advanced Diploma in Accounting, Finance or related discipline from recognized institution.
2. Must posses Master’s Degree.
3. Must possess a recognized professional accountancy qualification such as Certified Professional Accountant (CPA) and registered with the National Board of Accountants and Auditors (NBAA).
4. Minimum of five (5) years working experience, of which two (2) must be in a senior position in related function at a reputable institution.
5. Must be a team player, very self-motivated and able to manage and prioritize work load with minimum supervision.
6. Must be computer literate.
TIB Development Bank Limited is an equal opportunity employer. The bank offers an attractive remuneration package, career development opportunities and an excellent working environment.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Qualifying candidates should apply in writing to or lodge their applications at the address below, enclosing:-
1. An application letter.
2. Comprehensive curriculum Vitae.
3. Copies of relevant certificates and awards.
4. Contact address including telephone number(s) and/or email address(s) if available.
5. Names and full addresses of three referees.
Closing Date is 29th June 2017.
TIB Development Bank
Building No. 3; Mlimani City Office Park,
Sam Nujoma Road, Ubungo
Dar es Salaam
Tel. 2411101-9/ 2411100
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: www.tib.co.tz
NAFASI ZA AJIRA / KAZI TIB DEVELOPMENT BANK TANZANIA, JUNE 2017
Avoid scams : NEVER pay to have your CV / Application pushed forward. Any job vacancy requesting payment for any reason is a SCAM.