EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES/JOBS AT TIB DEVELOPMENT BANKTIB Development Bank Limited, the premier national Development Financial Institution, aims to focus on national projects towards the attainment of the Tanzanian Development Vision 2025. The bank’s mandate is to support the Government in achieving rapid economic growth through the development of industries, infrastructure, social services and the oil and gas sector. In this regard, activities of TIB have specifically expanded and the bank now invites applications from suitable, qualified and skilled persons to the following available vacancies:-
LEGAL OFFICER – (2 Vacancies)
Nature and Scope
The successful candidate will work in the Directorate of Legal and Secretariat Services and report to the Legal Manager. She/he will be responsible for statutory registrations, representing the bank in litigations, assisting the Manager in arranging Board meetings and providing legal advice to staff and Management.
1. Provision of sound legal advice (whether informal or formal/written legal opinions) as requested from time to time by the Management, Departments, Staff and the bank at large.
2. Assist in preparation of litigation and law firms’ management policy, Advisory Framework and other policies/ work frames as may be required from time to time.
3. Act as solicitor to the bank and assist in preparation of documents for civil suits/litigation.
4. Represent the bank in all legal matters outside the bank and in Courts of Law and Tribunals.
5. Assist in provisioning of secretarial services to the bank’s committees and arrange meetings.
6. Advise Human Resource Department on Labour matters and proper disciplinary actions to be taken including adherence to procedures.
7. Prepare loan/security documents and ensure registration of the security documents at the relevant registries.
8. Assist in following up on decisions made in meetings by the Board and Management.
9. Ensure that borrowers fulfil all statutory requirements (under the Companies Ordinance, Bank of Tanzania regulations/guidelines or any others) at all times.
10. Perform any other related duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Supervisor.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience
1. Bachelor degree in Law (LL.B) from a recognized University/Institution.
2. Must be a Registered Advocate with a valid practicing certificate.
3. Experience will be an added advantage.
4. Excellent written and oral communication skills with ability to prepare legal documents in a concise and focused style.
5. Highest degree of integrity, excellent and well developed interpersonal and organizational skills.
6. Must be a team player, very self-motivated and able to manage and prioritize work load with minimum supervision.
7. Must be computer literate.
TIB Development Bank Limited is an equal opportunity employer. The bank offers an attractive remuneration package, career development opportunities and an excellent working environment.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Qualifying candidates should apply in writing to or lodge their applications at the address below, enclosing:-
1. An application letter.
2. Comprehensive curriculum Vitae.
3. Copies of relevant certificates and awards.
4. Contact address including telephone number(s) and/or email address(s) if available.
5. Names and full addresses of three referees.
Closing Date is 29th June 2017.
TIB Development Bank
Building No. 3; Mlimani City Office Park,
Sam Nujoma Road, Ubungo
Dar es Salaam
Tel. 2411101-9/ 2411100
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: www.tib.co.tz
NAFASI ZA AJIRA / KAZI TIB DEVELOPMENT BANK TANZANIA, JUNE 2017
Avoid scams : NEVER pay to have your CV / Application pushed forward. Any job vacancy requesting payment for any reason is a SCAM.