EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES/JOBS AT TIB DEVELOPMENT BANKTIB Development Bank Limited, the premier national Development Financial Institution, aims to focus on national projects towards the attainment of the Tanzanian Development Vision 2025. The bank’s mandate is to support the Government in achieving rapid economic growth through the development of industries, infrastructure, social services and the oil and gas sector. In this regard, activities of TIB have specifically expanded and the bank now invites applications from suitable, qualified and skilled persons to the following available vacancies:-
HEAD, RISK AND COMPLIANCE
Nature and Scope
The successful candidate will administratively report to the Managing Director whilefunctionally will report to the Board Audit and Risk Committee. She/he will be responsible for facilitating the development of sound risk practices and technologies for the bank and in collaboration with business units and other specialists, partnering with them in identifying best practices and control gaps. She/he will also assess risk of new processes and procedures, products, and provide policy recommendations based on findings.
1. Ensure that the bank is in compliance with all the applicable internal procedures and external regulatory requirements.
2. Prepare and review risk management reports and; ensure limit excesses, exception and non-compliances are promptly addressed.
3. Develop a sound long term strategic direction and implementation plan for the bank’s risk policies.
4. Manage and review the adequacy of risk analysis process, risk ratings and stress testing as part of Credit Risk process.
5. Provide mechanisms for the bank’s compliance with risk capital allocation subject to regulatory requirements.
6. Review credit reports prepared by the Credit Risk Officer and make appropriate recommendations where a product is leading to higher losses and prepare early warning reports.
7. Coach, mentor and develop junior risk specialists and ensure consistent application and interpretation of risk policies to all bank’s staff.
8. Review adequacy and appropriateness of the information used in the evaluation of the customer credit applications done by the Credit Risk Officer.
9. Ensure continuous improvement of the Management Information System and reports (related to credit risk) to ensure they remain relevant, reflect credit risk appetite and are useful to provide the management with information for use in decision making.
10. Report and provide recommendations on the bank’s credit governance standards.
11. Develop and revise risk requirements documentation for various aspects of strategic solutions.
12. Review and approve products/services programmes and ensure all risk requirements are met before rollout of the products or services.
13. Identify and investigate the root cause of errors/frauds and provide recommendations on solutions and follow-ups.
14. Review work performance of staff in the Directorate including their development and welfare in line with the bank’s policies and objectives.
15. Perform any other related duties as assigned from time to time by the Board and Managing Director.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience
1. Must possess a Bachelor Degree/Advanced Diploma in Economics, Risk Management, Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or related discipline and Post graduate degree from a recognized University/Institution.
2. Minimum of seven (7) years’ working experience in risk management of which, five (5) must be in a senior position in a related function.
3. Possession of Risk Management certifications will be an added advantage.
4. Highest degree of integrity, excellent and well developed leadership, people management and organizational skills.
5. Excellent communication, writing and presentation skills.
6. Must be computer literate.
TIB Development Bank Limited is an equal opportunity employer. The bank offers an attractive remuneration package, career development opportunities and an excellent working environment.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Qualifying candidates should apply in writing to or lodge their applications at the address below, enclosing:-
1. An application letter.
2. Comprehensive curriculum Vitae.
3. Copies of relevant certificates and awards.
4. Contact address including telephone number(s) and/or email address(s) if available.
5. Names and full addresses of three referees.
Closing Date is 29th June 2017.
TIB Development Bank
Building No. 3; Mlimani City Office Park,
Sam Nujoma Road, Ubungo
Dar es Salaam
Tel. 2411101-9/ 2411100
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Website: www.tib.co.tz
NAFASI ZA AJIRA / KAZI TIB DEVELOPMENT BANK TANZANIA, JUNE 2017
Avoid scams : NEVER pay to have your CV / Application pushed forward. Any job vacancy requesting payment for any reason is a SCAM.