EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES/JOBS AT TIB DEVELOPMENT BANKTIB Development Bank Limited, the premier national Development Financial Institution, aims to focus on national projects towards the attainment of the Tanzanian Development Vision 2025. The bank’s mandate is to support the Government in achieving rapid economic growth through the development of industries, infrastructure, social services and the oil and gas sector. In this regard, activities of TIB have specifically expanded and the bank now invites applications from suitable, qualified and skilled persons to the following available vacancies:-
HEAD PROCUREMENT MANAGEMENT UNIT
Nature and Scope
The successful candidate will report to the Managing Director. She/he will be the Head of Procurement Unit and Secretary to the Tender Board. She/he will advise and lead Management and staff on procedures to be followed in procurement to ensure conformity with Public Procurement Act, its Regulations and Public Procurement Regulatory Authority (PPRA) Guidelines. She/he will provide expertise and services in procurement, storage and supply of goods and services for the bank.
1. Provide high level advice and services to Management and departmental officers in relation to procurement, supply and contracting activities.
2. Oversee significant procurement projects by taking responsibility for significant purchase plans, tender development, tender management, evaluation advice, contract negotiations and drafting, development of contract management frameworks and assistance with contract dispute mediation.
3. Monitor marketplace changes and other contemporary issues as they relate to procurement to keep abreast of developments that will affect the Department’s procurement function, including any significant purchases.
4. Develop Annual Procurement Plan (APP) and assist in delivery of associated strategies.
5. Manage the tender process as per Procurement Regulations.
6. Manage assigned contracts, taking responsibility for bench marking, quality assurance, service levels, initiating and take corrective action as required.
7. Liaise with service users (user departments) and other external groups to ensure that contracts comply with quality assurance, service level agreements as well as all the bank’s internal policies.
8. Develop appropriate procurement systems, procedures and guidelines for the procurement entity and Contracts Committee.
9. Develop, implement and maintain a procurement management framework to support the strategic direction of the bank whilst ensuring it is operating in accordance with the Procurement Act and other related legislation and policies.
10. Effective proactive liaison with other departments regarding operating, resourcing and services as necessary.
11. Analyse information, negotiate and make recommendations to the Managing Director regarding the awarding of tenders; contracts etc.
12. Manage procurement staff, suppliers, service level agreements (SLA’s) and provide proper training to staff on procurement procedures.
13. Review work performance of staff in the Directorate including their development and welfare in line with the bank’s policies and objectives.
14. Perform any other related duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Managing Director.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience
1. Must possess a Bachelor Degree in Procurement, Materials Management or related field and Post graduate degreefrom a recognized University/Institution.
2. Must possess a recognized professional qualification such as CPSP as registered by the Procurement and Supplies Professionals and Technicians Board (PSPT).
3. Minimum of Seven (7) years’ working experience of which, five(5) must be in a senior position in a related function.
4. Highest degree of integrity, excellent and well developed leadership, people management and organizational skills.
5. Excellent communication, writing and presentation skills.
6. Must be computer literate.
TIB Development Bank Limited is an equal opportunity employer. The bank offers an attractive remuneration package, career development opportunities and an excellent working environment.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Qualifying candidates should apply in writing to or lodge their applications at the address below, enclosing:-
1. An application letter.
2. Comprehensive curriculum Vitae.
3. Copies of relevant certificates and awards.
4. Contact address including telephone number(s) and/or email address(s) if available.
5. Names and full addresses of three referees.
Closing Date is 29th June 2017.
TIB Development Bank
Building No. 3; Mlimani City Office Park,
Sam Nujoma Road, Ubungo
Dar es Salaam
Tel. 2411101-9/ 2411100
Email: email@example.com Website: www.tib.co.tz
NAFASI ZA AJIRA / KAZI TIB DEVELOPMENT BANK TANZANIA, JUNE 2017
Avoid scams : NEVER pay to have your CV / Application pushed forward. Any job vacancy requesting payment for any reason is a SCAM.