We are currently seeking an Environmental Engineer or Environmental Specialist in our Dar Es Salaam office in Tanzania. This position within the Environment Group ensures development of SMEC’s environmental business in Africa and quality delivery of environmental assignments.
- Prepares high quality expression of interest documents and winning proposals
- Performs the role of technical specialist and assisting experts on projects as needed
- Develops and manages good and effective relationships with existing and potential clients
- Prepares and / or reviews project technical reports and other outputs with quality assurance
- Coordinates or manages the work of other staff members as needed
- Undertakes activities to build the capacity of staff and counterparts
Key Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Excellent English writing skills of international standards is mandatory. Additional language abilities such as French is advantageous.
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Science, Ecology, Environmental Engineering, Biosystems or Agricultural Engineering, or Natural Resources Management or related from a recognized university. Master’s degree is preferred.
- Strong experiences in undertaking environmental and social impact assessment (ESIA) assignments is advantageous.
- Registration as an environmental expert with NEMC in Tanzania is advantageous.
- Excellent technical writing skills in preparing reports, proposals, and/or publications of international standard.
- Proficient in use of computer software (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, etc) to produce professional looking documents of international standards
- Able to work with multidisciplinary multicultural teams
- Able to deliver work within tight deadlines and handle heavier work pressure near deadlines
- Tanzanian nationals and residents are encouraged to apply. The position may involve travel to other countries in Africa for assignments as needed.
SMEC is an equal opportunity employer. Diversity is a source of strength for our people, our clients, our partners and our communities.
How to apply
All applications must be submitted by email at firstname.lastname@example.org by 20 June 2017. Please send your detailed CV and application letter. Only shortlisted individuals will be contacted.
All recruitment activities go through our Resourcing function and currently, this role doesn’t require agency input. Please do not forward resumes directly to SMEC employees/managers; we do not accept unsolicited resumes and are not responsible for any associated fees.
NAFASI YA AJIRA/KAZI SMEC TANZANIA, JUNE 2017
Avoid scams : NEVER pay to have your CV / Application pushed forward. Any job vacancy requesting payment for any reason is a SCAM.