EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES/JOBS AT TIB DEVELOPMENT BANKTIB Development Bank Limited, the premier national Development Financial Institution, aims to focus on national projects towards the attainment of the Tanzanian Development Vision 2025. The bank’s mandate is to support the Government in achieving rapid economic growth through the development of industries, infrastructure, social services and the oil and gas sector. In this regard, activities of TIB have specifically expanded and the bank now invites applications from suitable, qualified and skilled persons to the following available vacancies:-
DIRECTOR OF FINANCE
Nature and Scope
The successful candidate will report to the Managing Director. She/he will be responsible for maintenance of books of accounts, financial reporting and all back-office operations. She/he will supervise the financial budgeting process and reporting, payment to suppliers, disbursement of loans as well as formulation of controls to safeguard the financial resources of the bank.
1. Co-ordinate budgeting exercise including production of regular budget reports and budgetary control.
2. Advise the company on tax matters i.e. VAT, corporate tax, PAYE, withholding tax, to ensure statutory compliance and prepare the relevant monthly/annual returns.
3. Provide support to the Funding division when assessing funding requirements and managing cash on a daily basis including investing the excess funds and managing minimum requirements.
4. Prepare quarterly, bi-annual and annual statutory accounts in line with accepted accounting standards and liaises with external statutory auditors.
5. Supervise the division and monitor financial information on a daily basis to ensure that accounting records are accurately and properly prepared and maintained.
6. Supervise disbursement of loans to borrowers approved by the bank.
7. Design and implement internal financial controls.
8. Supervise the auditing of the bank’s financial statements done by the external statutory auditors.
9. Monitor cash requirements/position in collaboration with the Director of Funds Mobilization.
10. Preparation of all statutory and regulatory reports in line with accepted accounting standards.
11. Provide guidance to the Management on issues pertaining to accounting as well as financial and regulatory reporting.
12. Review work performance of staff in the Directorate including their development and welfare in line with the bank’s policies and objectives.
13. Perform any other related duties as assigned from time to time by the Managing Director.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience
1. Must possess a Bachelor Degree/Advanced Diploma in Accounting, Commerce, Finance or related discipline and related Post graduate degree from a recognized University/Institution.
2. Must possess a recognized accounting qualification such as ACCA, ACA, CPA (T).
3. Minimum of seven (7) years’ working experience of which, five (5) must be in a senior position in related function in a financial institution.
4. Ability to analyse and interpret financial statements and make recommendations.
5. Must be computer literate.
TIB Development Bank Limited is an equal opportunity employer. The bank offers an attractive remuneration package, career development opportunities and an excellent working environment.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Qualifying candidates should apply in writing to or lodge their applications at the address below, enclosing:-
1. An application letter.
2. Comprehensive curriculum Vitae.
3. Copies of relevant certificates and awards.
4. Contact address including telephone number(s) and/or email address(s) if available.
5. Names and full addresses of three referees.
Closing Date is 29th June 2017.
TIB Development Bank
Building No. 3; Mlimani City Office Park,
Sam Nujoma Road, Ubungo
Dar es Salaam
Tel. 2411101-9/ 2411100
Email: email@example.com Website: www.tib.co.tz
NAFASI ZA AJIRA / KAZI TIB DEVELOPMENT BANK TANZANIA, JUNE 2017
Avoid scams : NEVER pay to have your CV / Application pushed forward. Any job vacancy requesting payment for any reason is a SCAM.