EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES/JOBS AT TIB DEVELOPMENT BANKTIB Development Bank Limited, the premier national Development Financial Institution, aims to focus on national projects towards the attainment of the Tanzanian Development Vision 2025. The bank’s mandate is to support the Government in achieving rapid economic growth through the development of industries, infrastructure, social services and the oil and gas sector. In this regard, activities of TIB have specifically expanded and the bank now invites applications from suitable, qualified and skilled persons to the following available vacancies:-
DIRECTOR, LEGAL SERVICES AND SECRETARY TO THE BOARD
Nature and Scope
The successful candidate will report to the Managing Director. She/he will be responsible for advising the Board of Directors, Managing Director, Management and staff on all legal issues affecting the bank’s operations.
1. Coordinate matters pertaining to the administration of Board affairs, Board appointments, meetings and all related issues as required by law.
2. Provide expert, written or oral, legal opinion to the Managing Director, various committees, Board of Directors and the Departments.
3. Prepare, execute and register all contracts and legal documents.
4. Act as a solicitor, prepare documents for civil suits/litigation, advise on the retention of lawyers or conduct court cases for the bank.
5. Check all legal issues pertaining to loan applications before, during and after approval to ensure the bank’s interests are safeguarded.
6. Co-manage receiverships with the bank’s appointed Receivers/Managers in all receiverships.
7. Liaise with Companies Registrar and file annual returns accordingly.
8. Prepare plans and budgets for the Directorate.
9. Review work performance of staff in the Directorate including their development and welfare in line with the bank’s policies and objectives.
10. Perform any other related duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Managing Director.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Experience
1. Must possess a Bachelor Degree in Law and LL.M in commercial laws from a recognized University/Institution.
2. Should be registered as an Advocate in accordance with the laws of Tanzania.
3. Minimum of seven (7) years working experience of which, five (5) must be in a senior position in related function.
4. Should have knowledge in banking law and practice.
5. Strong written and oral communication skills. Must be computer literate.
TIB Development Bank Limited is an equal opportunity employer. The bank offers an attractive remuneration package, career development opportunities and an excellent working environment.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Qualifying candidates should apply in writing to or lodge their applications at the address below, enclosing:-
1. An application letter.
2. Comprehensive curriculum Vitae.
3. Copies of relevant certificates and awards.
4. Contact address including telephone number(s) and/or email address(s) if available.
5. Names and full addresses of three referees.
Closing Date is 29th June 2017.
TIB Development Bank
Building No. 3; Mlimani City Office Park,
Sam Nujoma Road, Ubungo
Dar es Salaam
Tel. 2411101-9/ 2411100
Email: email@example.com Website: www.tib.co.tz
NAFASI ZA AJIRA / KAZI TIB DEVELOPMENT BANK TANZANIA, JUNE 2017
Avoid scams : NEVER pay to have your CV / Application pushed forward. Any job vacancy requesting payment for any reason is a SCAM.