AGA KHAN FOUNDATION
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITYWho we are
Aga Khan Foundation is a private, not-for-profit, non-denominational international development agency that works to improve the quality oflife of communities in remote and resource poor areas. AKF is an agency of Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN), a group of international development agencies, institutions, and programs that work primarily in the poorest parts of Africa and Asia. AKF implements programs related to Education, ECD, health, and Sustainable Economic development. In Tanzania, AKF operates in Lindi, Mtwara, Mwanza, Morogoro, Arusha and Zanzibar. AKF is looking for well qualified professionals to fill the following position
Job title: Communications Coordinator
Reports to: Manager Monitoring, Evaluation, Research, Learning
Location: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania with regular travel to AKF area of operations
Purpose of the role
Manage and implement AKF's communications strategy, plans, and deliverables
Required Qualifications and Experience
The successful candidate is expected to have:
• A degree in International Development, Communications & Media, Social Sciences, or relevant field;
• At least three years of experience in communications, preferably in a development context;
• Proficiency in the use of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign);
• Relevant qualifications and experience in field work, interviewing and interacting with beneficiaries including keen observations skills;
• A strong work ethic, interpersonal skills, energetic, resourceful, and creative
• Experience in multi-faceted development programming will be a plus;
• Solid understanding of international development issues, particularly in the sectors relevant to AK.F's work in the country;
• Good contextual knowledge of local issues, community priorities, organizational relationships, social and cultural constraints and realities, and environmental conditions.
• Willingness to participate in field activities and travel to remote areas;
• Demonstrated ability to coordinate and manage different streams of work and deadlines and to work under pressure
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English essential. Swahili an advantage;
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, CV (not exceeding four pages), and the contact information of three referees to the Country Director, Aga Khan Foundation, Tanzania or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org before the close of business on 30th June 2017. If applying by email, please write the title of this position in the subject line and in your email. Do not attach any document other than the CV and cover letter.
Qualified female candidates are highly encouraged to apply
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Source: The Citizen 15 June 2017
NAFASI YA AJIRA / KAZI AGA KHAN FOUNDATION, JUNE 2017
Avoid scams : NEVER pay to have your CV / Application pushed forward. Any job vacancy requesting payment for any reason is a SCAM.