CAREERSWe are looking to recruit an experienced Civil Engineer for the Dar es Salaam office of our client KfW which is one of the world’s leading promotional and development banks headquartered in Frankfurt in Germany. KfW finances development projects in developing and emerging countries on behalf of the Federal Government of Germany. In Tanzania, our client is financing investments and complementary consulting services of the Tanzanian Government in the water and sanitation, health, natural resources/biodiversity and energy sectors.
For a newly established position, the Dar es Salaam office of our client seeks to employ a civil engineer as Project Coordinator for public sector infrastructure investments with a focus on projects in the area of water and sanitation. The candidate should be flexible to also support the coordination of infrastructure investments in other sectors, e.g. the energy sector. The candidate should be well -qualified, results-oriented and able to work well under pressure. The candidate should be highly self-motivated and capable to work in a dynamic, multinational team.
The successful candidate will be based in KfW`s Dar es Salaam office, with regular travels to the project sites.
DUTIES WILL INCLUDE:
• Support the Program Managers in the Dar es Salaam Office and/or in Frankfurt HQ in the preparation and implementation of projects mainly in the water and sanitation sector and, as required, also in the energy sector, e.g. through preparing terms of reference, coordinating with project executing entities, assigning and steering consultants and supervising contract management related to the project portfolio.
• Proactively interact and coordinate with government and parastatal authorities, construction companies, consultants, international development partners and other relevant stakeholders.
• Oversee monitoring and evaluation, identify technical problems, follow up agreed actions and regularly report on the status of the portfolio.
• Ensure proper documentation of processes according to the organization`s regulations.
To perform this job successfully, the candidate must be able to apply skills, understanding and knowledge acquired in the field of Civil Engineering to meet the objectives of our client:
• Master of Civil Engineering or University degree in a relevant subject;
• At least minimum 5 years of relevant working experience preferably in the water and sanitation sector;
• Working experience in collaboration with consultants, the construction industry and government entities, e.g. through public sector investment projects;
• Proven negotiation skills and hands-on experience in procurement and contract management of large-scale infrastructure projects, possibly according to FIDC standards;
• Understanding of project financing through development banks would be desirable;
• Well-organized and structured personality, able to identify priority issues, to effectively communicate them to superiors, to discuss solutions, and to follow through agreed actions;
• Ability to effectively interact and coordinate with government authorities, construction companies, consultants and Development Partners in Tanzania;
• Personality with a strong interest in life-long learning and in expanding management skills;
• Proven excellent communication and report writing skills in English and in Kiswahili. Correspondence with HQ in Frankfurt will be essential and will mostly take place in English language through telephone or e-mail;
• Knowledge of German language would be an asset.
How to apply
Qualified persons with the required skills are invited to submit their applications accompanied by detailed cover letter, curriculum vitae.
Please send to us: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or call our officer on Tel: +255 222 617 938 for more information.
Contacts and received on or before 5.00pm on 7th July 2017
Please note that only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
DON'T MISS THIS GREAT PROFESSIONAL OPPORTUNITY
Source: The Guardian 19 June 2017
NAFASI YA AJIRA/KAZI KFW
Avoid scams : NEVER pay to have your CV / Application pushed forward. Any job vacancy requesting payment for any reason is a SCAM.