NAFASI YA KAZI / AJIRA NATIONAL OPINION RESEARCH CENTER (NORC) TANZANIA, MAY 2017
NORC at the University of Chicago is one of the largest and most highly respected social research organizations pursuing high quality social science research both in the U.S. and internationally. NORC is conducting an evaluation of a USAID-funded project, which aims to improve school enrolment and retention by empowering adolescent girls.
For this research activity, which will comprise of an impact and a performance evaluation, NORC is seeking a Subject Matter Expert (SME) with experience and expertise in the area of gender and girls’ education and empowerment. The position will be preferably be based in Arusha or Dar es Salaam, Tanzania. The SME/Gender Expert will provide expertise to the team in the areas of girls’ empowerment, particularly as it pertains to adolescent girls and education. In addition to subject matter expertise in the areas specified above, s/he must have strong qualitative data collection and analysis skills, and prior experience performing performance evaluations for similar types of projects
The SME/Gender Expert must have strong grounding in qualitative evaluation methods, and have strong writing skills, as well as familiarity with one or more of the following sectors: gender equality and women empowerment, and/or girls’ education.
- Masters or PhD in sociology, economics, political science, public policy, or other relevant field;
- Demonstrated experience, expertise and knowledge in gender equality, education/education systems, and the empowerment of women and girls in Tanzania. Specific experience with education and empowerment of adolescent girls is a plus.
- Experience conducting mixed methods performance evaluations, with emphasis on qualitative data collection, particularly focus group discussions and key informant interviews, as well as familiarity with quantitative data collection and instrument development.
- Applicant should have strong English reading and writing skills; fluent English and Kiswahili are required.
- Tanzanian nationals are preferred. Experience conducting performance evaluation for girls’ education projects is a plus
- Experience in the areas of GBV, SRH, early childbearing and/or early marriage is a plus
Interested candidates should email their CV and a cover letter to
Onyangofirstname.lastname@example.org by May 31, 2017.
JISHINDIE ZAWADI YA GARI, CAMERA, SPEAKER NK KILA MWEZI, BONYEZA HAPA KUJISAJILI BURE KISHA FUATA MAELEKEZO============
Avoid scams : NEVER pay to have your CV / Application pushed forward. Any job vacancy requesting payment for any reason is a SCAM.============
Are you disappointed by fruitless job applications and never get shortlisted? The problem is not you, its your CV. This comes to an end, Now for outstanding CV and Jobs professional advice, contact Bright Professionals Tanzania and grab your dream job. We also prepare social science business researches and proposals.
Contact us via
Phone: 0678 226 793