NAFASI YA AJIRA / KAZI THE AFRICA ACADEMY FOR PUBLIC HEALTH (AAPH), TANZANIA
The Africa Academy for Public Health (AAPH) is an independent Tanzanian registered public health organization that has been working to improve health in sub-Saharan Africa region through collaborative research, training, capacity building and knowledge translation. AAPH aims to facilitate health research by establishing and strengthening links with various institutions within Tanzania, the sub-Saharan Africa region and northern partners such as the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health. AAPH aims to contribute to the development of public health professionals to address identified gaps in the complex health needs of sub-Saharan Africa. AAPH seeks to recruit competent persons to fill the finance officer position based in Dar es Salaam.
Reporting to the Senior Administration and Finance Officer, the Finance Officer will support accounting, administrative, procurement and logistical duties including but not limited to processing payment transactions, receiving cash income, preparing financial and procurement documentation, preliminary review of advance transactions, filing of accounting documentation,
- Managing petty cash transactions including but not limited to petty cash payments, petty cash income, petty cash reconciliation, verification of petty cash claims, petty cash float and ensuring that the petty cash float ceiling and payment limit is adhered.
- Preparation of purchase orders for approved procurements for local and foreign vendors.
- Ensuring that all payment requisitions are complete and have all the necessary documentation such as pro-forma invoices/bids, local purchase order, selection minutes, delivery notes, tax invoices, etc. before making payment. Also, ensuring that all payments are properly coded and cancelled by PAID stamp.
- Recording and posting of approved financial transactions into the accounting system.
- Making and processing advance payments including but not limited to travel advances, sub-contractors/grantee advances, etc.
- Support logistics preparations for various meeting organized by AAPH or its partners.
- Support the procuring units to prepare justification for selection of potential vendors.
- Ensuring office costs are identified and correctly apportioned and charged to the respective projects/donors and other costs centers.
- Coordinating financial transactions for training activities including but not limited to training cash advance, verification of claims and invoices, making payments and retirement management.
- Perform any other job related task as assigned
Required qualification and experience
- University degree in Business, Finance, Administration or Accounting with at least 2 years’ experience in accounting.
- Professional qualification like CPAIACCA would be an added advantage
- Knowledge and experience on accounts payable, receivable, cash, bank, and maintaining general ledger.
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in preparing and entering financial and accounting information.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality concerning financial and employees/vendors files.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, bookkeeping skills, attention to details.
- Skills in running any accounting software and the general computer literacy.
- Ability to manage time and observing deadlines.
- Honest and trustworthy, respectful and depict sound work ethics.
Interested candidates for the above position; should provide letter of application and Curriculum Vitae (CV) and contact information (email addresses and telephone numbers) of three professional references. Applications should be submitted by Friday may 15th 2017 to the Human Resource Manager through email at email@example.com or through;
Human Resource Manager
P.O. Box 79810
Dar es Salaam,
Source: The Guardian 09 May 2017
JISHINDIE ZAWADI YA GARI, CAMERA, SPEAKER NK KILA MWEZI, BONYEZA HAPA KUJISAJILI BURE KISHA FUATA MAELEKEZO============
Avoid scams : NEVER pay to have your CV / Application pushed forward. Any job vacancy requesting payment for any reason is a SCAM.============
Are you disappointed by fruitless job applications and never get shortlisted? The problem is not you, its your CV. This comes to an end, Now for outstanding CV and Jobs professional advice, contact Bright Professionals Tanzania and grab your dream job. We also prepare social science business researches and proposals.
Contact us via
Phone: 0678 226 793