EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY - MAY 2017NAFASI YA AJIRA / KAZI RIGHT TO PLAY - TANZANIA
Job Posting - Education Specialist, Right To Play Tanzania
Closing Date: Wednesday 24th May 2017
Organization: Right To Play
Work location: To be based in Dar es Salaam with travel to Morogoro and Mara Regions
Authorized to Work in: Tanzania
Right To Play is a global organization that uses the transformative power of play to educate and empower children facing adversity. Through playing sports and games, Right To Play helps one million children weekly in more than 20 countries to build essential life skills and better futures, while driving lasting social change. Founded in 2000 by four-time Olympic gold medalist and social entrepreneur Johann Olav Koss, Right To Play is headquartered in Toronto, Canada and has national offices in Canada, the Netherlands, Norway, Switzerland, the United Kingdom, the United States and regional offices in Africa, Asia, the Middle East and Latin America. Our programs are facilitated by more than 600 international staff and 13,500 volunteer Coaches.
In Tanzania Right To Play has been successfully implementing sport and play based programs as tool for development to transform health practices and enhance education quality for about 60,000 children and youths in 96 primary schools and 8 community organizations in Dar es Salaam, Morogoro, Dodoma, Mara and Kagera regions.
Right To Play Tanzania is recruiting a part time Education Specialist to support the implementation of the Play for the Advancement of Quality Education program, implemented in Dar Es Salaam, Morogoro and Mara.
The main function of the Education Specialist is to provide technical expert advice and guidance on education for development programming, to ensure the success of Right To Play's existing education programs and to support in the development of new education programs in line with Right To Play Tanzania's country strategic plan. This includes:
- Providing technical input and insight into teacher training and resource and curriculum development for formal and non-formal education programs at pre-primary and primary level, to ensure the achievement of objectives and goals
- Collating and disseminating results and achievements of Right To Play's education programs in Tanzania, and being accountable for quality education programming, synergy and impact in line with national priorities and donor commitments
- In collaboration with the Country Manager, assume the responsibility for Right To Play representation, government engagement and donor liaison; including building relationships with key education stakeholders, and seeking in-country fundraising opportunities to grow Right To Play Tanzania's education programs
The Education Specialist shall more specifically:
- Develop and implement Right To Play Tanzania's Education Strategy
- Be familiar and responsive to the local education context
- Build the capacity of team members in technical issues related to education programming, as needed
- Represent Right To Play and establish relationships with the government, education networks and partner organisations at the local and national level in order to enhance Right To Play's visibility and position sport and play as a critical approach to enhancing the quality of education in Tanzania
- Ensure all initiatives are implemented to achieve maximum impact as per the project objectives and within the schedule and budget
- Support the development of periodic and timely narrative and financial reports
- Support and collaborate with M&E colleagues to ensure appropriate monitoring and evaluation of education
- The Education Specialist will also collaborate with Project Officers and Field Facilitators based in Dar es Salaam, Morogoro and Mara who are responsible for implementation, training, monitoring and evaluation of Right To Play's projects on the ground.
Required (must have): Master's Degree in Education, International Development or related fields
- Required (must have):
- 5 years minimum experience in implementing basic education programs and projects;
- Knowledge of basic education in a developing context, including child-centred and activity-based methodologies
- Experience in designing, implementing, monitoring and evaluating development projects;
- Experience of teaching or working closely with teachers and educational institutions
- Experience in working at both policy and implementation level
- Experience in developing and managing budgets;
- Fluent in oral and written English; demonstrated excellent report writing skills.
- Excellent grasp of national development issues
- Ability to implement program and project activities developed by the Country Manager
- Good computer skills including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Experience and understanding of curriculum development an asset
COMPETENCIES / PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES:
- Demonstrated high level of interpersonal and cross-cultural skills including the ability to strengthen collaborative relationships internally and externally with sensitivity to cultural, ethnic, social and political issues;
- Ability to pragmatically solve problems and plan a course of action using analytical, conceptual, strategic and forward-thinking abilities to achieve an effective resolution;
- Ability to confidently initiate and foster relationships with new and existing stakeholders
- Ability to work under-pressure and in all situations;
- Ability to multi-task;
- Willingness and ability to travel, even at short notice;
- Team player;
- Legally able to live and work in the region of assignment;
- An understanding of sport for development goals
Compensation: We offer a competitive salary and benefits package
Contract Duration: Six months with possibility of extension upon performance and availability of funds
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to:
firstname.lastname@example.org and kindly include "Education Program Manager-Tanzania"and your name in the subject line.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for interview will be contacted.
Right To Play is a child-centered organization. Our recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to the safety and protection of children in our programs.
To learn more about who we are and what we do, please visit our website at www.righttoplay.com
Plot # 446 Ally Hassan Mwinyi Rd,
Regent Estate- Mikocheni.
PO. Box 79701;
Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania
Tel/ Fax (+255) 222774161
JISHINDIE ZAWADI YA GARI, CAMERA, SPEAKER NK KILA MWEZI, BONYEZA HAPA KUJISAJILI BURE KISHA FUATA MAELEKEZO============
Avoid scams : NEVER pay to have your CV / Application pushed forward. Any job vacancy requesting payment for any reason is a SCAM.============
Are you disappointed by fruitless job applications and never get shortlisted? The problem is not you, its your CV. This comes to an end, Now for outstanding CV and Jobs professional advice, contact Bright Professionals Tanzania and grab your dream job. We also prepare social science business researches and proposals.
Contact us via
Phone: 0678 226 793