NAFASI YA AJIRA / KAZI HJFMRI, TANZANIA
VACANCIESHJFMRI or locally known as “Walter Reed Program-Tanzania” is a United States of America federally funded program which supports PEPFAR activities in the Republic of Tanzania. The HJFMRI program, in collaboration with the MoHCDGEC and community NGOs, has been leading a comprehensive HIV and AIDS care and support program in the Southern Highlands of Tanzania since 2004. The program, which is sub-contracting with Regional Health Management Teams (RHMTs) and 14 community outreach partners, extends to 25 district councils in Mbeya, Songwe, Rukwa, Katavi and Ruvuma Regions. Collectively, this zone, which has one of the highest HIV prevalence rates in Tanzania, represents a catchment area with close to 6 million people (13% of the population of Tanzania mainland). Despite remarkable achievements made over the past 10 years, the expansion of HIV care and treatment interventions still remains critical both at the facility as well as the community level.
Walter Reed Program is seeking qualified candidate to fill the position below.
Job Title: Director of Procurement
Reports to: Senior Operations Director
The Procurement Director will be responsible for delivering efficient and effective procurement services across HJFMRI-Tanzania. The Director recommends and implements procurement strategies and best practices, and leads all sourcing, negotiating, contracting and acquisition activities to leverage buying power and create optimal value. The Director works closely with management at all levels throughout the Organization to ensure alignment of procurement strategies, tactics, and standardized processes necessary for the program to deliver its objectives.
• Procurement activities for HJFMRI-Tanzania offices in Mbeya, Songwe, Dar, Rukwa, Katavi and Ruvuma, to include acquisitions, contract/lease oversight, and fixed assets inventory.
• Administer all procurement activities, including selecting sources of supply, review of purchase orders, and managing relationships with suppliers and negotiating terms of contracts in collaboration with contract and grants department.
• Manages the process of vendor selection, sole source determination, and quotation analysis to assure that all procurement is timely and compliant with the policies and procedures of HJFMRI-Tanzania, US government guidelines, and in compliance with all Government of Tanzania procurement-related requirements.
• Maintains appropriate procurement software applications for ordering, shipping, tracking and inventorying equipment and supplies. Liaise with IT on software system upgrades as necessary.
• Understands, recommends and applies the appropriate method of solicitation - evaluating the risk associated with the contract, advertising format, insurance requirements, and methods of compensation that mitigates any potential legal exposure of HJFMRI.
• Leads the procurement and tender committee, ensuring appropriate committee make-up is present, and that minutes are taken and filed.
• In collaboration with the procurement and tender committee, conduct performance reviews with the suppliers, measuring against required performance standards and market prices of various material procured by HJFMRI-Tanzania.
• Direct supervision of procurement staff to include time-keeping, skills and performance assessments, annual evaluations, disciplinary action where necessary, and recommended training.
• Oversees and manages all HJFMRI-Tanzania supply-chain shipments, and tracking packages through distribution to the appropriate sites, ensuring timely and safe delivery of all medical supplies. Cold-chain shipments warrant special attention to ensure temperature control is maintained throughout.
• Manages inventory of assets in collaboration with the finance and laboratory department and in accordance with HJFMRI-Tanzania regulations; oversees statutory fixed asset inventory annually.
• Monitors pharmaceutical requests from the field sites to ensure accuracy of order; review orders regularly to safeguard against outdated drugs, duplicative orders, and fraud.
• Conduct special management reviews and/or follow-up on audit observations to assist in the improvement of office procedures and practices related to logistics.
• Responds to inquiries from a variety of internal and external sources for the purpose of providing information, direction and/or appropriate referrals.
• To carry out any other duties that may be assigned by senior management.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
• Minimum 4-year (US equivalent) College Degree; Masters degrees desired, with multiple skills.
• CPSP or CIPS qualified.
• Minimum 7 years previous experience in reputable organization (s), managing and coordinating procurement and acquisition activities in Tanzania. Experience with USG acquisition/procurement guidelines is a plus.
• Minimum 3 years managerial and supervisory experience over supply-chain management, acquisitions and/or logistics.
• High competency level in use of Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Access).
• Fully conversant with modern procurement and purchasing techniques and software tracking mechanisms.
• Meticulous attention to detail, and resourceful; ability to multi-task.
• Excellent oral and written English.
• Good interpersonal skills; a strong team player.
• Customer service oriented.
• Highly organized and a strong negotiator.
Demonstrated sound and independent decision-making skills are critical to the success of this lead operations role. Accordingly, full accountability and transparency are as essential to this position.
Cover letters and resumes should be sent to
The Human Resources Manager,
P.O. Box 6396,
or e-mailed to; firstname.lastname@example.org
To be considered, applicants must put the TITLE OF THE JOB in the SUBJECT LINE.
Deadline for submission of the application is 26th May, 2017.
Those who do not meet the minimum requirements as detailed below should not submit applications.
Walter Reed Program is an equal opportunity employer; women are highly encouraged to apply
JISHINDIE ZAWADI YA GARI, CAMERA, SPEAKER NK KILA MWEZI, BONYEZA HAPA KUJISAJILI BURE KISHA FUATA MAELEKEZO============
Avoid scams : NEVER pay to have your CV / Application pushed forward. Any job vacancy requesting payment for any reason is a SCAM.============
Are you disappointed by fruitless job applications and never get shortlisted? The problem is not you, its your CV. This comes to an end, Now for outstanding CV and Jobs professional advice, contact Bright Professionals Tanzania and grab your dream job. We also prepare social science business researches and proposals.
Contact us via
Phone: 0678 226 793