NAFASI YA AJIRA / KAZI TANZANIA HEALTH PROMOTION SUPPORT (THPS)
POSITION TITLE: Database Developer
REPORTING TO: Monitoring & Evaluation Technical Advisor
LOCATION: Dar Es Salaam with frequent field travel up to 75%
OVERALL JOB FUNCTION: To provide technical support in implementing high-standard computer-based health facility record keeping systems for patient record management of CTC / PMTCT/HTC/EID/APSS/FSG, KVP and Laboratory programs in support of the Ministry of Health’s National AIDS Control Programme and ZIHTLP. To provide technical support in database development and management for public health evaluations as needed.
- To design and develop data models and database architecture
- To construct, install and test the database system
- To write manuals or explain databases function
- To consult with others to assess the system performance and modifications as required
- To modify existing databases, as user needs change o Find faults in programs
- To prepare reports on databases & Customize databases for specific needs
- To train users and provide technical support
- To coordinate and support development of other databases, by data managers as needed
- To train and supervise M&E teams in new data system to ensure timely data entry, cleaning on a routine basis, generation of data queries and routine progress reports
- To collaborate with team members to prepare monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual reports on supported program areas
- To develop and respond to queries related to data analysis
- To perform other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Bachelors degree or certified training in Computer Science, IT/HMIS, data management or a related discipline Advanced skills in computer programming and analytical software an advantage
- 3 years relevant experience with VB/C#.net application development and use, data analyses with standard software packages and implementing protocols for data quality assurance
- Strong supervisory and management skills
- Ability to work independently
- Fluent in English
- Experience working with NGOs and/or donor-funded programs is an added advantage.
How to apply:
Interested applicants should apply through THPS website (www.thps.or.tz) using vacancy link located under career opportunities, attaching their application cover letter one page maximum and CV four pages maximum by April 28th 2017 with a subject line for example: Database Developer. Only short listed applicants will be contacted. Please do not attach any certificates when submitting online.
THPS is an equal opportunity employer; women and people living with HIV/AIDS are encouraged to apply.
Deadline: Friday, 12th May 2017
Source: Daily News 04 May 2017
JISHINDIE ZAWADI YA GARI, CAMERA, SPEAKER NK KILA MWEZI, BONYEZA HAPA KUJISAJILI BURE KISHA FUATA MAELEKEZO============
Avoid scams : NEVER pay to have your CV / Application pushed forward. Any job vacancy requesting payment for any reason is a SCAM.============
Are you disappointed by fruitless job applications and never get shortlisted? The problem is not you, its your CV. This comes to an end, Now for outstanding CV and Jobs professional advice, contact Bright Professionals Tanzania and grab your dream job. We also prepare social science business researches and proposals.
Contact us via
Phone: 0678 226 793