NAFASI YA AJIRA / KAZI JHPIEGO, TANZANIA - MAY, 2017
VACANCYJhpiego is an international non-profit health organization affiliated with the Johns Hopkins University. For 41 years now, Jhpiego has empowered front-line health workers by designing and implementing effective, low-cost, hands-on solutions to strengthen the delivery of health care services for women and their families. By putting evidence-based health innovations into everyday practice, Jhpiego works to break down barriers to high-quality health care for the world's most vulnerable populations. Jhpiego is implementing a number of projects in Tanzania and wishes to recruit ART Coordinator.
Position: Community ART Coordinator - 1 position based in Njombe
The USAID-unded Sauti project support HIV combination prevention services to key and vulnerable populations (KVP). Within this platform, a community ART study to female sex workers and a community ART service delivery to key populations (KP) will be rolled out in Njombe and Dar es Salaam regions, respectively; Mebay will be study control site. Within this framework, the Community ART Coordinator will provide technical oversight for the community-based ART intervention for female sex workers and other key populations and its associated study in the regions. S/he will collaborate with the Sauti project Biomedical & Treatment Senior Technical Advisor to provide technical assistance on the provision of ART to KP. The incumbent will also provide guidance, monitoring and technical assistance on community-based ART services to the Regional and Council Health Management Teams (R/CHMT) and to the sub awarded CSOs; as well as coordinate the community-based ART operations through the CBHTC+. S/he will provide technical and programmatic assistance that incorporates evidence-based best practices in the coordination, monitoring and assessment of community-based ART programming, and ensure adherence to approved protocols.
- Medical or Nursing degree required, with additional post-graduate training in public health desirable
- At least 5 years demonstrated experience working in one or more areas of biomedical HIV prevention including: HIV care and treatment (required), HIV Testing Services, TB and TB/HIV, PMTCT, and Community Based HIV Services
- Proven supervision and leadership skills, as well as skills in training, facilitation, team building and coordination
- Strong leadership and technical capacity to support service delivery, especially at the community level
- Excellent grasp of clinical issues and current literature HIV/AIDS, family planning, TB and STls
- Strong change management, results-oriented and decision-making skills
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills in English and Kiswahili.
- Experience in KVP or related programs
- Experience in planning, developing, implementing and evaluating HIV public health programs
- Experience working in the Tanzanian public health sector highly desirable particularly in areas of HTC, HIV care and treatment, family planning, and TB.
- Experience with laptop computers, email, whatsapp, MS office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint).
- Experience working with USG programs is highly desirable
- Experience and understanding of the PEPFAR framework is desirable
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to work on weekends when necessary
- Ability to travel in and out of Njombe, and Dar es Salaam for up to 70%
Jhpiego offers a competitive package selected candidates in line with salary history, academic qualifications and relevant experience
To apply please indicate the position title on the envelope or subject line of your e-mail. Applications should also include an up-to-date CV with three contactable professional references, a cover letter and your salary history. Applications which do NOT include ALL of these elements will NOT be considered.
The application should be addressed to:
Director of Human Resource
Plot 72, Block 45B, New Bagamoyo Road · Victoria
PO Box 9170
Dar es Salaam, TanzaniaOR send the application through email at: SautiTZApplication@jhpiego.org
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The closing date for applications is 23th May 2017 at 05:00 P.M.
Caution to the applicants:
There have been some bogus adverts online that require candidates to apply through some email addresses of public domains e.g. Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc. Kindly note: SautiTZApplication@jhpiego.org is the ONLY address to use when you send your application for the above positions. Please ignore any of those adverts. We also don't charge any application fee nor entertain any meetings or telephone calls. If shortlisted, you will get an official call from our office and receive required steps. If you suspect any wrong- doing kindly write to the Director of Human Resource through firstname.lastname@example.org
JISHINDIE ZAWADI YA GARI, CAMERA, SPEAKER NK KILA MWEZI, BONYEZA HAPA KUJISAJILI BURE KISHA FUATA MAELEKEZO============
Avoid scams : NEVER pay to have your CV / Application pushed forward. Any job vacancy requesting payment for any reason is a SCAM.============
Are you disappointed by fruitless job applications and never get shortlisted? The problem is not you, its your CV. This comes to an end, Now for outstanding CV and Jobs professional advice, contact Bright Professionals Tanzania and grab your dream job. We also prepare social science business researches and proposals.
Contact us via
Phone: 0678 226 793