NAFASI YA AJIRA / KAZI YA KILIMO - THE CLINTON DEVELOPMENT INITIATIVE (CDI)
JOB OPPORTUNITYThe Clinton Development Background:
The Clinton Development Initiative (CDI) develops and operates agribusiness projects that empower smallholder farmers to increase the economic potential. In Malawi, Tanzania, and Rwanda, CDI integrates commercial farms and other agribusinesses with smallholder outreach to increase smallholder farmers' access to local markets and enable them to participate equitably in those markets. CD l's mode puts farmers first by increasing their access to knowledge, inputs, services, and markets to improve their crop yields and increase and diversify their incomes. CDI works in close collaboration with governments, nongovernmental organizations, social investors, and farmer organizations.
Title: Community Agricultural Officer (1) position
Reporting Unit: Country Director/Farm Manager
Location: Kilolo- lringa Region
Travel: Frequent in the Villages
The Community Agricultural Officer is the main link between the NGO and local communities, building relationships and trust with farmer cooperatives, promoting community development and providing detailed training on best agronomy practices (targeting soya beans, maize and sunflower). He/she will also promote value-addition activities, market information. The Community Agricultural Officer is responsible for collecting, monitoring data and feedback from farmers, other stakeholders and partners. If successful, the Community Agricultural Officer will contribute to the development of the farming community by helping farmers increase crop productivity, household incomes and food security, and health and nutritional status. By increasing the number of participating farmers, the Community Agricultural Officer will also scale up farm programming and contribute to smallholder farmer's economic prosperity through agriculture and improved national food security.
Required Skills & Experience:
• Minimum of 3 years' experience in an agricultural background in training farmers on improved agricultural technologies and supervision of farmer cooperatives and associations, including at least 2 years of work in rural areas in a Non-Governmental Organization setting.
• Minimum of a certificate or degree in agricultural sciences or natural resource management
• Superior customer service skills and a high level of discretion with confidential and sensitive information;
• High level of diplomacy required with the ability to manage relationships in a positive manner;
• Critical thinker and fast learner and ability to influence farmers and local leaders, and other stakeholders in the assigned area;
• High level people skills and ability to build relationships with a diversity of people at all levels.
• Able to troubleshoot problems, while also identifying issues which need to be escalated;
• Must be detail oriented, with strong reviewing skills and a high degree of accuracy is essential.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision;
• Strong presentational and analytical skills;
• High levels of integrity
• Demonstrated ability to multi-task, prioritize and ability to remain calm in stressful situations
• Understanding of agricultural extension methodologies and climate change
• High Proficiency in MS Office (including Excel, Word and PowerPoint), and strong computer skills
• Must have strong numerical skills (ability to run basic financial and economic analysis e.g. gross margin analysis, fertilizer calibration, determination of plant population, etc.)
• Fluent in English and Swahili. ·
• Motorbike riding training and possesses a clean driving license
Our Equal employment philosophy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, Compensation, benefits, training, promotions, transfers, job benefits and terminations.
Please apply online http://cfforms.azurewebsites.net/view.php?id=16007
Only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged reception of their applications.
Source: The Guardian 6 May, 2017
JISHINDIE ZAWADI YA GARI, CAMERA, SPEAKER NK KILA MWEZI, BONYEZA HAPA KUJISAJILI BURE KISHA FUATA MAELEKEZO============
Avoid scams : NEVER pay to have your CV / Application pushed forward. Any job vacancy requesting payment for any reason is a SCAM.============
Are you disappointed by fruitless job applications and never get shortlisted? The problem is not you, its your CV. This comes to an end, Now for outstanding CV and Jobs professional advice, contact Bright Professionals Tanzania and grab your dream job. We also prepare social science business researches and proposals.
Contact us via
Phone: 0678 226 793