NAFASI YA AJIRA / KAZIGIZ, TANZANIA
Advisor for External Audit at the National Audit Office of Tanzania As an international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development with worldwide operations, the federally owned Deutsche Gesellschaft for Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH supports the German Government in achieving its development-policy objectives.
GIZ is looking to fill the position of an Advisor for External Audit in the Good Financial Governance Programme (GFG).
Duty Station: Dar Es Salaam/Dodoma Fixed Contract Term
Responsibilities The Advisor will be responsible For:
• Managing support to the National Audit Office of Tanzania (NAOT) in the context of GIZ's Good Financial Governance Programme (GFG)
• In collaboration with the GIZ Technical Advisor provide professional advisory services to institutional development project initiatives and cooperate with a broad range of target groups within and outside NAOT
• Facilitating innovation, knowledge management and capacity building in both core and support functions of NAOT
• Assisting with analysis of complex technical processes on External Audit to facilitate adherence to International
• Proactively facilitate capacity building for NAOT staff and Oversight Committees of Parliament
• Applying of principles, concepts, practices and standards in the area of Public Financial Management (PFM), Risk Management, Systems and Control.
• Contributes to achieving the objectives of GIZ's Good Financial Governance Programme (GFG) in the Field of Action on External Audit.
• Provides technical in-depth advice on External Audit processes for NAOT, primarily as regards Compliance and Financial Audit using electronic working documentation programmes such as Team Mate.
• Facilitate that high-quality management and professional practices are well established and applied in the Tanzanian Supreme Audit Institution
• Promotes norms, standards and best practices of External Auditing in the Public Sector in accordance with international standard
• Assists NAOT in developing performance measures to monitor the effectiveness of External Audit processes and results
• Assists in strengthening dialogue with the Legislative and Executive Branches of Government so as to promote a common understanding of the role and need for independence of the SAI of Tanzania in exercising accountability in the public sector
• Facilitates in cooperation with NAOT staff ready-to-use strategies and technical concepts, including guidelines, manuals and procedures
• Facilitates in formulating need based ToRs for and hiring of consultants to implement development activities
• Prepares appropriate inputs for various project reports
• Assists with general project planning and develops project concepts including preparation, organization and moderation of planning exercises' and their implementation, management, monitoring, quality management, evaluation, communication and documentation
Required Qualification, Competence and Experience
• A University Degree in a relevant discipline such as economics, finance, accounting, business administration or public administration.
• Ten (10) years of recent and relevant experience in Public Sector Auditing.
• Professional Certifications such as Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
• Experience from working with or in a Supreme Audit Institution
• Working experience from Performance Audit would be an added value
• Skills and experience in executing control design assessments, identifying and mapping key risks, controls and gap
• Significant experience and success in producing effective verbal and written communications
• Skills in using MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Project
• Fluent English and Swahili language skills
Interested candidates should send their letter of application together with the CV and copies of academic certificates by email to email@example.com
Please use the subject line "Advisor for External Audit".
Applications in hard copy will not be accepted,
Closing date for submission: 15.05.2017
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
GIZ Tanzania is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications from all qualified and eligible candidates regardless of their gender, origin, religion/belief, disability or any other minority group.
Source: The Guardian 2 May, 2017
JISHINDIE ZAWADI YA GARI, CAMERA, SPEAKER NK KILA MWEZI, BONYEZA HAPA KUJISAJILI BURE KISHA FUATA MAELEKEZO============
Avoid scams : NEVER pay to have your CV / Application pushed forward. Any job vacancy requesting payment for any reason is a SCAM.============
Are you disappointed by fruitless job applications and never get shortlisted? The problem is not you, its your CV. This comes to an end, Now for outstanding CV and Jobs professional advice, contact Bright Professionals Tanzania and grab your dream job. We also prepare social science business researches and proposals.
Contact us via
Phone: 0678 226 793