VACANCIES AT HJFMRI - TANZANIANAFASI YA KAZI / AJIRA HJFMR TANZANIA, MAY 2017
Walter Reed Program is seeking qualified Tanzanian candidate to fill the position below.
Job Title: Accounting Manager
Reports to: Senior Finance Director
The position will oversee all accounting matters for this program site and serve as a liaison on accounting, audit and compliance matters between HJFMRI site and US Headquarters. The position reports to the HJFMRI [Senior Finance Director].
1. Provide oversight and manage full spectrum of accounting and reporting operations for the program site office, including General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Cash Management, statutory compliance and reporting.
2. Maintain direct responsibility for day-to-day accounting operations to ensure timely monthly and yearly closings, reconciliations and compliance.
3. Review and approve payment vouchers. journal entries, cost allocations and other postings into accounting system and ensure proper coding, data quality and integrity of all accounting/financial transactions.
4. Ensure effective utilization of HJFMRI accounting, procurement and other business systems and up-to-date books of accounts and generate timely reports and analysis, as required.
5. Work closely with the program support teams within the site and region to coordinate monthly closing and reporting to HJFMRI Headquarters. Review and monitor compliance with HJF stipulated policies and procedures, provide on-going support, backstopping and training to site accounting staff.
6. Manage preparation, consolidation and distribution of timely monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements reflecting status of programs on grant-to-date basis in accordance with International Accounting Standards (IAS), International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and donor requirements.
7. Monitor integrity of accounting data and ensure compliance with organizational financial policies and procedures, in-country statutory requirements and donor regulations.
8. Provide appropriate guidance to support staff within the program, including allowable and non- allowable costs, project startup or closeout, preparation of wire requests, preparation of budgets and budget modifications.
9. Oversee and provide coordination of HJFMRI internal and external annual audits and provide auditors with accounting documents and explanations to audit queries, as requested.
10. Other duties as assigned or as otherwise required to successfully manage HJFMRl's accounting operations.
1. University degree in Accounting from a recognized institution.
2. ·Professional accounting certification. CPA required
3. A minimum of 8 years working experience in the same field, including 3 years of experience in managing staff.
4. Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft office applications.
5. Must have hands-on experience working with QuickBooks or similar Accounting software.
6. Must have thorough knowledge and hands-on experience within all accounting areas and strong understanding of internal controls.
7. Must have experience with audit and compliance requirements of US Government funded projects.
8. Must have experience in managing large donor-funded projects for an international NGO, including budgeting and external financial reporting.
9. Work experience within a medical research setting is preferred.
1. Team player with high integrity, excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational and decision making skills.
2. Attention to detail and ability to multi-task.
3. Excellent in reporting skills and ability to comprehend and analyze data.
4. Ability to work with a diverse group of people in a multi-cultural environment and effectively manage daily activities across multiple time zones to ensure effective communication, collaboration, time management and compliance with applicable accounting standards.
Demonstrated sound and independent decision-making skills are critical to the success of this lead operations role. Accordingly, full accountability and transparency are as essential to this position.
Cover letters and resumes should be mailed by postal/EMS/DHUany Courier to
The Human Resources Manager,
P.O. Box 6396,
or sent by email to; email@example.com
NOTE: to be considered, applicants must put the TITLE OF THE JOB in the SUBJECT LINE, avoid the delivery of applications in person or soliciting any member of the organization.
Deadline for submission of the application is two weeks from the first appearance of this advert. Those who do not meet the minimum requirements as detailed below should not submit applications.
Walter Reed Program is an equal opportunity employer; women are highly encouraged to apply
Avoid scams : NEVER pay to have your CV / Application pushed forward. Any job vacancy requesting payment for any reason is a SCAM.