NAFASI YA KAZI / AJIRA PACT, TANZANIA
Pact Tanzania is a field office of "Pact' an international non-governmental and non-profit making organization with its headquarters in Washington DC. Pact Tanzania exists to build local capacity to enable systematic solutions that allow those who are poor and marginalized to earn a dignified living, be healthy and enjoy the benefits nature provides. For efficient execution of its duties, Pact Tanzania is looking for enthusiastic, creative, energetic individuals to fill below vacant position.
Job Title: Social and Economic Empowerment Officer – 1 Position
Reports To: Social and Economic Empowerment Specialist (SEES)
The SEEO will support the planning, implementing and monitoring of WORTH, an economic strengthening intervention that utilizes a unique combination of literacy training and community banking and entrepreneurship targeting Vulnerable Adolescent Girls and Young women in the Sauti Program's combination HIV prevention programs. She/he will be responsible for overseeing the main streaming and implementation of DREAMS core package of interventions (social asset building, socio-economic combination and parenting) by CSOs in the WORTH+ groups. The SEEO will train and mentor CSO Program Officer and Empowerment workers staff on WORTH+ interventions, monitor the implementation of strategies and interventions and ensure services provided through this platform are in compliance with Sauti's Standard Operating Procedure. She/he will work closely with DREAMS PO, SBCC Program Officer and Biomedical Advisor at regional level, to ensure the alignment and technically soundness of interventions across the project. The SEEO will participate in the monthly Empowerment workers/Peer educators meetings, facilitate progress review meetings, visiting WORTH+ groups at drop in centers and safe spaces.
She/he will serve as an active member of the regional program team for the implementation of Pact's Sauti activities in execution of the program and will participate in the regional technical capacity building initiatives targeting CSO POs and EWs. The SEEO will report to the regional Program Manager and the Social and Economic Empowerment Specialist:
1. TECHNICAL SUPPORT
• Support CSOs in the implementation of strategies and interventions in compliance with WORTH+ SOP, to improve the quality and responsiveness of service delivery for AGYW
• Facilitate trainings to CSOs officers, empowerment workers and DREAMS PO in community banking, electronic ledgers, entrepreneurship, literacy, Beller parenting, Social Behavior and Communication Change, and Basic counseling skills using evidenced based curriculum
• Facilitate the digitalization of WORTH+ groups recordkeeping and payment systems using a mobile platform
• Facilitate the enrollment of AGYW into market driven vocational training at Vocational Educational and Training Authority (VETA) and apprenticeship programs with successful businessmen in the districts
• Support CSOs staff in developing and implementing state of art best practices business models with viable markets and reliable supply chains.
• Ensure that all WORTH+ groups receive biomedical services either at the DIC/SS or by the CBHTC+ teams.
2. CAPACITY BUILDING AND NETWORKING
• Conduct onsite mentoring and coaching to CSOs and record all the assistance provided and next steps into a Mentoring and Coaching (Site Visit) Report.
• Monitor the implementation of the WORTH+ technical areas on the CISP and work with technical lead representatives and/or the 00 Team to address any delays or challenges.
• • Attend the monthly meetings of the 00 teams to discuss implementation y, progress against CISP, next steps and challenges. g
• Contribute to general capacity-building strategy for targeted service e providers and other local partners including participation in the development and delivery of training workshops and other' capacity building interventions related to Sauti program.
• Establish effective work relationship with CBOs and Distract Community Development Office, CMAC and VMAC partners on program activities at regional level
• Strengthen communication and collaboration with LGA at all levels to ensure ownership and sustainability of the WORTH+ program
3. MONITORING, EVALUATION AND LEARNING AND REPORTING
• Monitor and assess the performance of CSOs and quality of data submitted
• Mentor CSO staff on program data analysis and usage to inform work plan implementation and performance decisions
• Conduct supportive supervision to CSO/wORTH+ sites using WORTH+
• SOP checklists
• Document and share experiences, prepare program and site visits reports, presentations, briefs and articles/success stories
• Prepare periodic progress and final reports regarding program support and implementation
• Mentor CSOs to conduct vulnerability assessments, track and determine eligibility graduation of WORTH+ groups
• Work collaboratively with other project team members to ensure necessary program planning, development, and management activities function smoothly and' efficiently and i~ an integrated manner
Qualifications and Experience
• Bachelors or Master's Degree in field(s) in economics, social sciences, or related field relevant to fulfillment of the duties and responsibilities as described above.
• At least three years of progressively responsible experience in economic strengthening interventions
• Experience in formulating training programs
• Preference for candidates that have been involved in donor funded development programs.
• Fluent spoken and written English and Swahili.
• Social Work experience a plus
Strong Language capability in both Kiswahili and English
If you believe you are the ideal person we are looking for, submit your application letter describing why you are the right candidate for this position and curriculum vitae detailing your experience With three referees to humanresourcesTZ@pactworld.org
Closing date for applications: 2-May-2017
(Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted)
Source: The Guardian 19 April 2017
JISHINDIE ZAWADI YA GARI, CAMERA, SPEAKER NK KILA MWEZI, BONYEZA HAPA KUJISAJILI BURE KISHA FUATA MAELEKEZO============
Avoid scams : NEVER pay to have your CV / Application pushed forward. Any job vacancy requesting payment for any reason is a SCAM.============
Are you disappointed by fruitless job applications and never get shortlisted? The problem is not you, its your CV. This comes to an end, Now for outstanding CV and Jobs professional advice, contact Bright Professionals Tanzania and grab your dream job. We also prepare social science business researches and proposals.
Contact us via
Phone: 0678 226 793