NAFASI YA KAZI / AJIRA ICS- SP, TANZANIA
Reports to: Country Program coordinator
Main role: Research, M&E functions of ICS -SP.
Starting date May, 2017
ICS- SP is an innovative African NGO that works in rural areas of Africa together with families, communities, and other stakeholders' to create safe and nurturing environments for children to reach their full potential. At the very core of our work is Skillful Parenting and Ending Violence against Children. These are embedded in well-targeted economic empowerment and agribusiness programs that aim to improve household income and food security. In our experience, this combined approach leads better chances of sustainably securing the wellbeing of children and their families.
Our strong capacity continues to enable us to execute at grass-roots level and at the same time connect to governments, expert organizations, CSOs and other stakeholders. Working together with a range of stakeholders has led to better programming that has resulted to stronger, capable and connected families where children are nurtured well and protected from all forms of violence.
Our focus is on East Africa, building on our longstanding presence in Kenya and Tanzania.
Position Summary: Research, Monitoring, Evaluation assistant In order to improve our innovation, learning and achieving evidence based results, we are locking for a junior research, monitoring and evaluation assistant.
The focus of this position is to conduct social research and generate findings that will inform program planning, refine, monitor, assess, and document good program practice whilst actively engaging in data collection and evaluation of program activities including more participatory and results oriented approaches to track the progress and trends in the wider ICS-SP. This position will work closely with 'the entire ics-sp team to make sure annual social research are conducted, activities generated as a result of research findings and quality and evidence based results are achieved as well documented.
The position will also have a responsibility for supporting partner CBOs working with ICS- SP providing technical support to track activity, progress, data collection with an eye to efficiency and Accountability based on available ICS Africa systems and processes. to support. and drive learning, standards, quality, analysis and reporting .
Responsibilities and duties:
• Design, coordinate and conduct social research that can be translated into action plans
• Participate in the development and implementation of ICS Africa
Wide research plans;
• Support project evaluations formulated within a framework that demonstrates evidence based best practice whilst identifying outcomes and impact;
• Work .with M and E coordinator to develop protocols, tools guidelines, and systems to collect, collate and analyze data in a coherent and participatory manner as well reporting document and disseminate insights, good and other partners working with ICS-SP ;
• Contribute to increasing the quality and reliability of program outputs including target setting and establishing Key Performance Indicators (KPI's);
• Strengthening CBOs capacity for developing systems to generate and demonstrate result evidence;
• Promote a learning culture within the program team
The essential qualification, skills and attributes required for this post:
• A degree-level qualification or equivalent in a relevant discipline with strong bias in social research or other social science discipline namely, Sociology, Anthropology, Project management,
• Development studies with demonstrated practical skills of conducting social research;
• At least "two-three years' experience of conducting research preferably in ending violence against children, child protection,
• Experience in the development and translation of research findings into actions.
• Technical expertise and practical experience in conducting social norms research, monitoring and evaluation;
• Demonstrated Experience of data collection, collation, analysis and reporting;
• Participatory research experience that utilizes both qualitative and quantitative methodologies;
• Good and strong skills in information analysis and report writing;
• A high degree of self-sufficiency and initiative;
• The ability to work well in a team;
• A willingness to travel to field sites including remote areas;
• Strong report writing skills across a range of styles;
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
• Good skills to fill comprehensive information in database.
Additional skills and attributes that would be desirable are:-
• A masters-level qualification or equivalent in a relevant discipline;
• Experience of conducting social norms research
• Experience of working on development projects structured according to outcomes and results frameworks;
Remuneration will be determined according to qualifications; skills and experience based on ICS Africa policies. The successful candidate will be hired on a 1 year fixed term contract; with a 3 month probationary period subject to performance and expected operate in 40 working hours per week. ICS Africa is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. All applicants will undergo reference check from their previous employer and other legal agencies.
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy to email@example.com your CV, copies of academic certificate a one page, covering letter describing why you are suitable for this particular job and sample report of research/evaluation for this particular job and sample- report of research/evaluation work that you have done .In the subject line of the email please include Application for research, monitoring and evaluation assistant. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Source: The Guardian 19 April 2017
JISHINDIE ZAWADI YA GARI, CAMERA, SPEAKER NK KILA MWEZI, BONYEZA HAPA KUJISAJILI BURE KISHA FUATA MAELEKEZO============
Avoid scams : NEVER pay to have your CV / Application pushed forward. Any job vacancy requesting payment for any reason is a SCAM.============
Are you disappointed by fruitless job applications and never get shortlisted? The problem is not you, its your CV. This comes to an end, Now for outstanding CV and Jobs professional advice, contact Bright Professionals Tanzania and grab your dream job. We also prepare social science business researches and proposals.
Contact us via
Phone: 0678 226 793