NAFASI YA KAZI / AJIRA THPS (TANZANIA HEALTH PROMOTION SUPPORT)
POSITION TITLE: PMTCT Field Officer
REPORTING TO: PMTCT Program Officer
LOCATION: Dar Es Salaam with frequent field travel up to 75%
OVERALL JOB FUNCTION: The Prevention from Mother to Child Transmission (PMTCT) Field Officer will serve as THPS focal point for activities relating to the implementation of a quality PMTCT program in the allocated Districts in the Region. This will include capacity building of health facility staff, establishment and monitoring of support groups for the pregnant/postpartum women, HIV positive women and their families, coordination of care and treatment within facilities providing PMTCT services including standalone PMTCT sites, ensuring drugs and supplies for PMTCT services are available, support strategies to foster adherence and retention among pregnant and lactating women enrolled in Option B Plus, development of linkages to other services including psychosocial support groups and the laboratory services as well as community support services. This position is part of a multidisciplinary, cohesive team and requires excellent communication skills and extensive travel.
- Work closely with the Central Technical Advisors and Regional teams to jointly implement the PMTCT work plan.
- Jointly with CHMT members conduct focused supportive supervision to the sites to oversee program implementation (travel up to 80 % of the time in the field) i.e. Visit every site at least once in a month for low volume sites and at least twice in a month for high volume sites to strengthen the program at the site through identifying gaps and collaborating with the THPS staffs and district and facility team to find solutions.
- Provide direct, onsite support to nurses and clinical officers working at RCH units in THPS supported districts to establish and strengthen services and provide ongoing mentoring and support to implement the current National PMTCT guideline
- Coordinates and monitors early infant diagnosis (EID) services for all identified HIV exposed infants and ensures results timely communicated.
- Ensures HIV viral load monitoring among HIV pregnant women in the PMTCT program
- Develop linkages between various HIV programs and community based organizations within the region.
- Work with health facility staff and HIV positive pregnant/postpartum women to support the establishment and monitor the Psychosocial Support Groups (PSGs) for PMTCT at the facilities.
- Ensure M&E & IEC materials and job aids are available at every PMTCT site.
- Reviews and maintains a resource binder (resource mapping) of current PMTCT information for Health care worker education purposes and referral resources.
- Help facility staff own the data through improving preparation and make use of PMTCT monthly summary reports. Assist in data collection from the health facility if needed Reporting to specified levels.
- Establish and maintain a strong relationship with health facility staff delivering PMTCT services in districts.
- Working closely with CHMT ensure timely ordering, stocking and supply of PMTCT and Family planning supplies to PMTCT sites.
- Prepare and timely submit site visit reports, ensuring observed issues which need immediate intervention are communicated immediately upon return from the field.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS REQUIRED:
- At least Diploma in medical related field preferably registered Nurse.
- Post graduate training in public health is an advantage
- Practical experience (minimum 3 years) in implementing PMTCT and in HIV/AIDS programs in Tanzania is mandatory
- At least three years professional experience in HIV program management
- Friendly disposition and strong interpersonal skills;
- Strong initiative, independence, creativity, and sound judgment;
- Service oriented and flexible with excellent communication and organizational skills
- Must be a team player with a high level of commitment, able to manage multiple high priority tasks at a go.
- Excellent writing and analytical skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, Power Point etc;
How to apply:
Interested applicants should apply through THPS website (www.thps.or.tz) using vacancy link located under career opportunities, attaching their application cover letter one page maximum and CV four pages maximum by April 30th 2017 with a subject line for example: PMTCT Field Officer Dar Es Salaam. Only short listed applicants will be contacted. Please do not attach any certificates when submitting online.
THPS is an equal opportunity employer; women and people living with HIV/AIDS are encouraged to apply.
Source: The Guardian 25 April 2017
JISHINDIE ZAWADI YA GARI, CAMERA, SPEAKER NK KILA MWEZI, BONYEZA HAPA KUJISAJILI BURE KISHA FUATA MAELEKEZO============
Avoid scams : NEVER pay to have your CV / Application pushed forward. Any job vacancy requesting payment for any reason is a SCAM.============
Are you disappointed by fruitless job applications and never get shortlisted? The problem is not you, its your CV. This comes to an end, Now for outstanding CV and Jobs professional advice, contact Bright Professionals Tanzania and grab your dream job. We also prepare social science business researches and proposals.
Contact us via
Phone: 0678 226 793