NAFASI ZA KAZI / AJIRA TANZANIA NATIONAL COORDINATING MECHANISM (TNCM)
General Profile and Background
Since 2003, the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, TB and Malaria has supported the United Republic of Tanzania through a portfolio of 16 grants funding health programs in the mainland and with a separate portfolio in Zanzibar.
Three Principal Recipients manage grant funds: Ministry of Finance and Planning on behalf of the Government of Tanzania, Save the Children and Population Services International as civil society organizations engaged in the health sector community work. The Tanzania National
Coordinating Mechanism (TNCM), housed under the Prime Minister's Office, is the governance body overseeing the portfolio.
The Tanzania National Coordinating Mechanism is in the process of recruiting full time Finance Officer to manage and provide Financial and
Accounting support to the TNCM Secretariat
The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will ensure a collaborative, client-focused and quality approach in carrying out the Monitoring & Evaluation activities. He/She will ensure that comprehensive quarterly Global Fund reports /dashboards are received from •PRs and submitted on time to the Oversight Committee, and undertake preliminary analysis of programmatic and financial information on grant performance. .
The successful candidate will maintain consistent Monitoring & Evaluation performance standards and expresses Global Fund and
Government of Tanzania core values of integrity and professionalism in carrying out assigned functions in order to contribute to the improved fulfillment of The Tanzania Grant objectives.
Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Responsible to: TNCM Executive Secretary
Location: Prime Minister's Office - TNCM Secretariat (TACAIDS Building)
Supporting oversight of grant implementation:
• Assist in collecting relevant information on in-country grant performance from PRs, the Global Fund and other information I sources, and undertake preliminary analysis of programmatic and financial information on grant performance.
• Ensure, with assistance from the PR manager or dashboard coordinator, that PRs submit quarterly grant performance reports/dashboard Excel files to the Oversight Committee within agreed timeframe.
• Provide logistic and administrative support to Oversight Committee (e.g. taking minutes of Oversight Committee meetings, drafting letters on its behalf, finding appropriate venue for meetings, etc.)
• Organize meetings between Oversight Committee and PR as requested by Committee Chair or Secretary.
• Provide administrative and logistic support to any Task Force set up to deal with specific technical aspects of oversight (e.g. procurement) or proposal development.
• Facilitate the investigation of specific M&E issues that arise. Obtain further clarification or explanation from PRs or external technical experts.
• Assist in coordinating TNCM field visit activities and development of field visit guidelines, identifying field visit sites, making appointments and assisting in the provision of logistical support.
• Assist in orientation of new TNCM members, PRs/LSRs and Oversight Committee members to the TNCM oversight process.
• Assist the PRs to identify and address any capacity concerns related to M&E (i.e., mobilizing support and assistance to strengthen capacities, identifying technical support)
• Facilitate the provision of technical assistance to the PR, when necessary and as directed by the TNCM.
• Work in consultation with the TNCM oversight committee to ensure that a TNCM oversight work plan and budget are developed and incorporated as part of annual TNCM work plan.
Maintain and manage the dashboard tool at TNCM Secretariat
• Customize the dashboard file for each grant agreement and send to each PrO
• Collect dashboard Excel Files from PRs at the end of each reporting period as agreed between the TNCM and PRs (quarterly).
• Check data entries made by PRs to ensure consistency with current PUDR completeness and coherence. Follow-up with PR for missing or inconsistent data.
• Submit on time PRs' report/dash board flies to Oversight Committee for review. Identify issues, problems, and bottlenecks that require the Oversight Committee's attention
• Assist Oversight Committee meetings to ensure correct use and interpretation of dashboard tool. Enter the Committee's decisions (comments and recommendations) into the dashboard file.
• Assist in summarizing the Oversight Committee's key recommendations for PR action.
• Collect PRs' responses to Oversight Committee questions, comments and recommendations on the grant performance report/dashboard and provide them to Oversight Committee.
• Save copies and back-up the dashboard file after its review by Oversight Committee.
• Ensure that TNCM members receive a copy of the dashboard file at least two days before the TNCM meeting.
• Record TNCM decisions into the Action Page of each dashboard. Obtain TNCM agreement that the dashboard report is final, and save the final dashboard (in an archive PDF file). Send a copy to the PRo
• Assist the Oversight Committee to orient new TNCM members and new PRs on dashboard tools and processes.
• Obtain and update TNCM with important information to. support harmonization endeavors and the inclusion of Global Fund activities in national results.
• Support the TNCM Executive Secretary to mobilize resources for the operations of TNCM including preparation activity and financial reports for submission to specific donors.
Supporting proposal development, grant renewals and grant closure
• Facilitate all programmatic aspects of proposal development process, grant renewals and grant closures, in accordance with GF modalities, procedures and guidelines.
Supporting documentation and communication:
• Provide advice on the availability of and, where appropriate, repackaging information on Global Fund rules, regulations and guidelines, and in-country program activities and performance for TNCM members and development partner.
• Put in place a filing system (physical and electronic) of all TNCM key oversight committee and related documents.
• Share key evaluation studies whose findings relate to the Global Fund grants (national program mid-term reviews, on-site data verifications feedback from LFA, etc.)
• Identify successes, best practices, lessons learned, and make recommendations as to how these can be adopted across implementers/grants.
• Assist in updating and maintenance of an interactive web site for the TNCM.
Any other related duties as may be assigned or delegated by the TNCM Executive Secretary.
• Represent the TNCM Executive Secretary at key events and forums, when directed
• Accomplish any other duty as requested by the TNCM Secretary
Qualifications and experience
• A degree in Public Health, Demography or Statistics or similar relevant field.
• At least 5 years' proven experience in Monitoring & Evaluation in a national or international organization
• Knowledge in Public Health programs relevant to, AIDS, TB and HIV/AIDS.
• Excellent Information Technology skills with mastery of EXCEL
• Ability to compile, analyze and interpret complexity of programmatic and financial information
• Ability to supervise, and trait others including staff and organizational stakeholders
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment and to juggle multiple tasks
• Ability to interact and communicate with all levels of national government, NGO, private and development sectors
• Superior presentation skills
Send your CV to email@example.com
Source: Daily News: 20, April 2017
JISHINDIE ZAWADI YA GARI, CAMERA, SPEAKER NK KILA MWEZI, BONYEZA HAPA KUJISAJILI BURE KISHA FUATA MAELEKEZO============
Avoid scams : NEVER pay to have your CV / Application pushed forward. Any job vacancy requesting payment for any reason is a SCAM.============
Are you disappointed by fruitless job applications and never get shortlisted? The problem is not you, its your CV. This comes to an end, Now for outstanding CV and Jobs professional advice, contact Bright Professionals Tanzania and grab your dream job. We also prepare social science business researches and proposals.
Contact us via
Phone: 0678 226 793