NAFASI ZA KAZI AGA KHAN FOUNDATIONJOB ADVERT
Job title: Micro Small Medium Enterprise (MSME) Coordinator (2)
Reporting to: Project Manager, Alizeti Maendeleo
Location: Lindi (1), Mtwara (1)
Aga Khan Foundation Tanzania is working towards strengthening market systems for the productive poor in Lindi and Mtwara regions, with a focus on a range of cash and food crops including rice, sesame, horticulture, pulses, sunflower, poultry, and maize. AKF implements programs across these value chains on access to inputs, production training and agriculture practices, collective marketing and aggregation for producer groups, post-harvest management and value addition, and market linkages. Each component requires specific focus and engagement with a range of stakeholders ranging from public to private sector. The overall objective is to increase income and market opportunities for local producers and entrepreneurs, including youth and women.
The role of the MSME Coordinator is to lead on capacity assessment and development of local Micro, Small, Medium and Growing Enterprises (MSMEs) in terms of business growth, marketing, operations, technical/agronomic development, and strategy. The MSME Coordinator will work closely with Project Managers and the Market Development team s to engage new and existing enterprises and fill gaps along the value chains as lead firms. This Coordinator will also work closely with a business acceleration partner to roll out the coaching and mentorship. The Coordinator must also advise on technical support for the businesses in terms of operations (predominantly for processors, abattoirs, traders, transporters).
Specific responsibilities include:
• Map out, identify, and assess existing MSMEs and capacity
• Maintain and update a database of MSME’s with their respective roles in the value chain
• Develop work plan and action items together with team to engage MSMEs in a conducive and empowering manner, while also including the marginalized
• Engage MSMEs across Lindi and Mtwara to address key gaps within value chains (transportation, trade, processing, packaging, branding, labeling, distributing). Ensure MSMEs have ownership and sustainable approaches to growth
• Build capacity, advise and guide MSME’s to ensure adoption of promoted business practices
• Design and advise the project team on innovative and catalytic interventions targeting MSME’s
• Lead in knowledge seeking and sharing on the trends and issues in the MSME’s so as to enhance organizational awareness and ensure being on track with current developments.
• Work with Financial Inclusion Advisor to identify access to finance opportunities for MSME financing
• Report on activities progress, impact, business development to Project Managers and senior management
• Support Monitoring, Evaluation, Research, and Learning team to learn from experience and improve programming
• Support other market related activities as required
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in business management, operations, advisory, private sector development; desired experience in agri-business
• Minimum of Bachelor Degree in Business Management or related field. Preferably a Masters in Business Administration but candidates with experience will be looked at closely.
• Commitment to teamwork. Must have a good sense for efficiency and effectiveness, and an eye for innovation
• A strong work ethic, energetic, creative, and willing to learn
• Strong understanding of market systems (market development) and how to pursue marketing opportunities for sunflower oil, fruits, vegetables, pulses, rice, and poultry
• Must be willing to live in Mtwara or Lindi, Tanzania and spend long periods in rural areas
• Speak fluent Swahili and English
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, CV (not exceeding four pages), and the contact information of three referees to the Country Director, Aga Khan Foundation, Tanzania or by e-mail to email@example.com before the close of business on 20th April 2017. If applying by email, please write the title of this position in the subject line and in your email. Do not attach any document other than the CV and cover letter. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Guardian 07 April 2017
JISHINDIE ZAWADI YA GARI, CAMERA, SPEAKER NK KILA MWEZI, BONYEZA HAPA KUJISAJILI BURE KISHA FUATA MAELEKEZO============
Avoid scams : NEVER pay to have your CV / Application pushed forward. Any job vacancy requesting payment for any reason is a SCAM.============
Are you disappointed by fruitless job applications and never get shortlisted? The problem is not you, its your CV. This comes to an end, Now for outstanding CV and Jobs professional advice, contact Bright Professionals Tanzania and grab your dream job. We also prepare social science business researches and proposals.
Contact us via
Phone: 0678 226 793