NAFASI YA KAZI / AJIRA PATH, TANZANIA
Tracking Code: 8127
PATH is an international organization that drives transformative innovation to save lives and improve health, especially among women and children. We accelerate innovation across five platforms—vaccines, drugs, diagnostics, devices, and system and service innovations—that harness our entrepreneurial insight, scientific and public health expertise, and passion for health equity. By mobilizing partners around the world, we take innovation to scale, working alongside countries primarily in Africa and Asia to tackle their greatest health needs. Together, we deliver measurable results that disrupt the cycle of poor health.
USAID Boresha Afya Project is the 5 years USAID funded project which will work towards supporting the Government of Tanzania through health system to provide integrated HIV, TB, Family Planning, Malaria and Maternal, Newborn, and Child Health (MNCH) and adolescent health services at facility and community level in the Lake/Western regions and National technical assistance.
We seek to recruit a Laboratory Technical Officer who will work with Boresha Afya Project team to strengthen laboratory systems and services in the targeted regions with the aim of supporting and improving the quality of malaria diagnosis and ensure that laboratories provides quality-assured services needed to fully implement the Boresha Afya Project, focus on improving malaria case management in the Lake and Western zone regions. Provide technical leadership in the design and implementation of field activities related to improving the quality of malaria diagnosis, provide technical support to the team on malaria diagnostic tests including mRDT TA QC and microscopy, work to improve malaria diagnosis and treatment by implementing onsite training and supportive supervision, liase with the NMCP at the region and district levels to ensure the effective execution of supportive supervision in the laboratory, which includes improving the quality of provision of malaria diagnosis via RDT and microscopy, work in close collaboration with the MTA and Clinical TA to plan and carry out interventions in malaria diagnostics and treatment. The Lab Technologist will be based in Mwanza, Tanzania.
Specific duties and responsibilities:
- Provide technical support on malaria diagnosis to the Boresha Afya Project team, with focus on malaria diagnostics both microscopy and mRDT.
- Coordinate and facilitate trainings for health staff on mRDT use, microscopy and quality assurance at all levels of the health care provision, including overseeing basic data processing.
- Promote planning, coordination and implementation of all field activities in the targeted area.
- Orient and train supervisors on external and internal quality assurance methods to support malaria diagnostics (microscopy and mRDTs).
- Establish linkages with all relevant stakeholders and other implementing partners and collaborate as necessary to facilitate effective and efficient implementation of Boresha Afya Project activities in the targeted area.
- Participate in the preparation of annual work plans and regional and district plans.
- Participate in periodic field (diagnostic, clinical care, and M&E) activities in the region and districts.
- Assist in development of all stages of project work plans.
- Meet frequently with regional and district health management teams and assist with annual planning of project activities.
- Manage project data collection –through use of electronic platforms – for both monitoring and evaluation and for making strategic quality improvements to program operations.
- Coordinate with the National Malaria Control Program (NMCP) and other stakeholders who are conducting on-site health facility case management supervision.
- Participate in preparation of quarterly, semiannual and annual reports
- Participate and represent project in meetings with RHMT/CHMT, NMCP, partners etc.
- Participates in conducting assessments, and in the design, training, testing, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of laboratory and point-of-care diagnostic services and systems.
- Participates in stakeholder technical working groups and meetings that continuously advocate for evidence-based standardization and harmonization of laboratory tests, methods and equipment within the regions.
- Provide frequent updates – both written and oral to Malaria Technical advisor.
- Laboratory Scientist or Laboratory Technologist or relevant qualification, with at least five (5) years post-qualification experience working in a laboratory setting.
- Understanding of the Essential Package of Health Services and the laboratory services needed at each level of the health system to facilitate implementation of malaria diagnosis package.
- Program management experience in an added advantage.
- Knowledge of health care delivery systems and structures in Tanzania.
- Knowledge and experience of implementing appropriate and emerging technologies, including rapid and point of care tests for diagnosing and managing malaria.
- Familiarity with and experience in implementing comprehensive laboratory systems and services, including quality assurance and accreditation systems.
- Knowledge of and experience in laboratory capacity building, monitoring and supervision.
- Strong interpersonal, analytic, facilitation, verbal communication and writing skills.
- Computer literacy: competency with Microsoft Office, internet and email systems.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Swahili.
- Team player, with ability to work independently as well as in collaboration with colleagues and partners.
- Willingness and availability to travel within the targeted region as required.
- Ability to deliver training in malaria diagnostics (mRDTs and microscopy)
- Experience with basic database management and Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
You must currently have legal authorization to work in Tanzania.
PATH is dedicated to diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Location: Mwanza, , Tanzania
Company Location: Tanzania, Mwanza
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
JISHINDIE ZAWADI YA GARI, CAMERA, SPEAKER NK KILA MWEZI, BONYEZA HAPA KUJISAJILI BURE KISHA FUATA MAELEKEZO============
Avoid scams : NEVER pay to have your CV / Application pushed forward. Any job vacancy requesting payment for any reason is a SCAM.============
Are you disappointed by fruitless job applications and never get shortlisted? The problem is not you, its your CV. This comes to an end, Now for outstanding CV and Jobs professional advice, contact Bright Professionals Tanzania and grab your dream job. We also prepare social science business researches and proposals.
Contact us via
Phone: 0678 226 793