NAFASI YA KAZI / AJIRA LHRC, TANZANIA
CALL FOR CONSULTANCY
AConsultant for HIV and Law - Community Assessment and Mapping Required
The Legal and Human Rights Centre (LHRC) is a national, private, non-governmental organization voluntary, non-partisan, and not-for-profit sharing organization. It is registered and incorporated under the Tanzania’s Companies (Act), Cap. 212, R.E. 2002, as a company without shares limited by guarantee.
LHRC seeks for a Consultant with a strong interest and passion for the Organization’s mission to conduct Community Assessment and Mapping on HIV/AIDS for Adolescent Girls and Young Women, with a focus on prevention of new infections. The project is to be carried out in Shinyanga and Kahama Districts with the first Phase of the Program aiming at improving the quality of, and access to, HIV-related services for adolescent girls and young women in Tanzania through the use of Legal Empowerment / Social Accountability (LE/SA+) strategies.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Undertake community mapping of existing HIV services delivery for adolescent girls and young women, especially those for prevention of new infections, and challenges encountered;
- Assess participation of adolescent girls and young women in the design and delivery of HIV- services, especially those related to prevention of new infections and identity entry points for LE/SA+ strategies;
- Assess capacity of local Community-Based Organization (CBOs) and paralegals to engage in LE/SA+ and community mobilization;
- Assess capacity of local/village health committees and identify priority areas for capacity development;
- Undertake mapping of existing local grievance and justice processes (including feedback systems between community and service providers), gaps and areas for improvement in HIV service delivery for adolescent girls and young women.
- Graduate degree in law, development, public health, gender, human rights or other related fields is essential;
- Minimum of 5 years of significant relevant professional experience in HIV/AIDS law and policy;
- Significant professional experience on LE/SA+ and/or community mobilization in the area of HIV/AIDS, gender and/or health concerns
- Experience in developing and applying tools for assessing capacities and identifying priority areas
- Experience in mapping needs and challenges on legal issues facing HIV-related adolescent girls and young women, especially at the district and local levels;
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral;
Terms and conditions
The Consultant will be based in Dar es Salaam with trips to Kahama and Shinyanga districts and will do the work for 30 days.
How to apply
All interested applicants are encouraged to apply sending resume and cover letter, Technical and Financial proposals and experiences to the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline: 08th May, 2017(23:59hrs Tanzania time).
The selected candidate is expected to start immediately.
Source: The Guardian 26 April 2017
JISHINDIE ZAWADI YA GARI, CAMERA, SPEAKER NK KILA MWEZI, BONYEZA HAPA KUJISAJILI BURE KISHA FUATA MAELEKEZO============
Avoid scams : NEVER pay to have your CV / Application pushed forward. Any job vacancy requesting payment for any reason is a SCAM.============
Are you disappointed by fruitless job applications and never get shortlisted? The problem is not you, its your CV. This comes to an end, Now for outstanding CV and Jobs professional advice, contact Bright Professionals Tanzania and grab your dream job. We also prepare social science business researches and proposals.
Contact us via
Phone: 0678 226 793