NAFASI ZA AJIRA/KAZI GIZ, TANZANIA
As an international cooperation enterprise for sustainable development with worldwide operations, the federally owned Deutsche Gesellschaft fur lnternationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH supports the German Government in achieving its development-policy objectives.
GIZ is looking to fill the position of Advisor for Private Sector Collaboration and Employment Promotion in the Employment and Skills for Eastern Africa Program (E4D/SOGA) in Tanzania.
The Advisor is responsible for
• Together with the team expanding E4D/SOGA's private sector portfolio
• attracting private sector companies to engage in public private partnerships with E4D/SOGA to promote employment, better incomes and/or working conditions
• bringing Tanzanians into jobs, better income and/or improved working conditions via partnerships between E4D/SOGA and the private sector
• Supporting the programme management and the team in M&E, reporting, researching and public relations.
The Advisor performs the following tasks
• Identifying opportunities for and negotiation of development partnerships, including mutual budget and in-kind contributions, between E4D/SOGA and the private sector with regards to employment promotion, income generation and/or improvement of working conditions
• Identifying private sector partners who are willing to contribute to E4D/SOGA's existing skills development and labour market matching measures
• Steering, implementing and managing E4D/SOGA's partnership portfolio with the private sector
• Monitoring of the overall economic development in Tanzania and keeping abreast of the status of major investment projects
• Attending forums and conferences to collect relevant information
• Networking, regular contact and dialogue with private sector partners, assisting in communications to keep private sector partners informed about E4D/SOGA developments
• Assisting the team leader in managing relationships with (large) capital projects and individual sub-contractors/suppliers of (large) capital investment projects
• . Together with the team coordinates E4D/SOGA Industry Partner's contributions to skills development initiatives
• Steers additional grant agreements and/or development partnerships with the private sector as assigned by the team leader
• Assists the E4D/SOGA' team leader in management tasks such as results-oriented monitoring, reporting, communication and knowledge management
Required qualifications, competences and experience
• Master (or equivalent) in Business, Economics or Development Studies with a focus on economic or private sector development
• A minimum of 6 years of project management experience, including planning, budgeting, implementation and monitoring
• A minimum of 6 years of stakeholder communication, internal and external reporting as well as monitoring.
• Experience with public private partnerships are an advantage
• Well versed in business, economic and development policy issues-in Tanzania
• Clear understanding of the different roles, contrasting demands and responsibilities of public arid private sector players
• Work experience in resource-based private sector investment projects or related upstream and downstream sectors (construction, transport, catering, camp management etc.) are an asset
• Overview competencies in TVET and skills development are an asset
• Confident and eloquent in wo(king in an international professional context
• Excellent knowledge of English and Kiswahili in speaking and writing is a must
• Excellent ability to phrase communications for donors, stakeholders and the general public
• Excellent conceptual, communication and negotiation skills, ability to express ideas clearly and persuasively both orally and in writing
• Be a very good team player
Interested candidates should send their letter of application together with the CV and copies of academic certificates by email to email@example.com Please use the subject line "Advisor for Private Sector Collaboration and Employment Promotion.
Applications in hard copy will not be accepted
Closing date for submission: 30.04.2017
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
GIZ Tanzania is an equal opportunities employer and encourages applications from all qualified and eligible candidates regardless of their gender, origin, religion/belief, disability or any other minority group.
Source: The Guardian 18 April, 2017
JISHINDIE ZAWADI YA GARI, CAMERA, SPEAKER NK KILA MWEZI, BONYEZA HAPA KUJISAJILI BURE KISHA FUATA MAELEKEZO============
Avoid scams : NEVER pay to have your CV / Application pushed forward. Any job vacancy requesting payment for any reason is a SCAM.============
Are you disappointed by fruitless job applications and never get shortlisted? The problem is not you, its your CV. This comes to an end, Now for outstanding CV and Jobs professional advice, contact Bright Professionals Tanzania and grab your dream job. We also prepare social science business researches and proposals.
Contact us via
Phone: 0678 226 793