Clerk to the Board of DirectorsReporting to: The IST Board Chair and Board Secretary
Start date: Immediate
Summary of the role
The International School of Tanganyika (IST) is governed by an elected Board comprising of parents of students currently enrolled at IST. The Board is responsible for IST’s policy and finances; its primary focus is long term and strategic. Board members are volunteers who serve for terms of three years. The Board has an obligation to hold the school to the highest standards of service to the IST community as declared in the Vision and Statement of Purpose. The Board's role is guided by the standards for governance and management provided by the Council for International Schools (CIS) as well as by practices described in the National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS) Trustee Handbook.
The Clerk to the IST Board will be accountable to the IST Board Chair and Board Secretary. He/she is expected to work with all Board members, the Director and IST staff participating in board meetings and to document and distribute information necessary in organizing board business. The Board is made up of volunteers and often meets outside normal work hours. Therefore, the Clerk to the Board will need to be flexible to attend meetings when scheduled at 7am and /or 7pm on weekdays and sometimes twice a day during the school year.
Purpose of the role
To provide a high-quality clerking and administration service to the IST Board of Directors and secure the continuity of Board business. To support the IST Board on clerical matters, to maintain records for historical reference and help keep all Board members informed and abreast of Board business.
Areas of responsibility
The Clerk to the Board will:
● record minutes and manage distribution of documents for appropriate and timely editing and documenting by all Board members and IST staff.
● attend all committee meetings and assist in drafting board related documents.
● work with the Chair, the Director, committee convenors, Board members and IST staff to prepare meeting agendas and document distribution prior to all meetings.
● support Board Chair and committee convenors with clerical and administrative work arising from Board business.
● distribute all related documentation in accordance to policy.
● encourage all Board members to produce supporting papers on time.
● maintain a meeting calendar and invite relevant participants to meetings.
● advise the governing body on procedural matters where necessary before, during and after the meeting.
● manage and maintain the Board intranet and all Board correspondence.
● maintain comprehensive knowledge of the school Policy Manual and Articles of Association.
● make logistical and catering arrangements for Board meetings, retreats and other board related events.
● assist in marketing/ communication board events such as forums (parent /teacher), elections, social Board events etc. to all stakeholders under convener guidance.
● maintain an accurate and current database of board members’ details.
● maintain flexible hours in order to attend all Board meetings including various committee meeting, board meeting, retreats, workshops and open forums. Many of these meetings take place during the evening, and occasionally at the weekend.
Skills Knowledge and aptitudes
● English educated and familiar with terms and vocabulary from various English speaking countries.
● Good listening, oral and literacy skills.
● Ability to organize time and work to deadlines.
● Record keeping, information retrieval and dissemination of Board data/documentation.
● Writing accurate and concise minutes and agenda.
● ICT including keyboard skills.
● Organising meetings.
● Using the internet to access relevant information.
● Person of Integrity.
● Ability to maintain confidentiality.
● Ability to remain impartial.
● Have a flexible approach to working hours,
including during the evenings when Board
meetings take place.
● Have good interpersonal skills.
Deadline date for applications is 3pm Monday, 20th March 2017. Applications are to be submitted via email to email@example.com
Source: The Guardian 15 March 2017
JISHINDIE ZAWADI YA GARI, CAMERA, SPEAKER NK KILA MWEZI, BONYEZA HAPA KUJISAJILI BURE KISHA FUATA MAELEKEZO============
Avoid scams : NEVER pay to have your CV / Application pushed forward. Any job vacancy requesting payment for any reason is a SCAM.============
Are you disappointed by fruitless job applications and never get shortlisted? The problem is not you, its your CV. This comes to an end, Now for outstanding CV and Jobs professional advice, contact Bright Professionals Tanzania and grab your dream job. We also prepare social science business researches and proposals.
Contact us via
Phone: 0678 226 793