NATIONAL HEALTH INSURANCE FUND
Dedicated to providing quality health care to its beneficiaries
EXECUTIVE VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
DIRECTOR GENERAL OF NHIFINTRODUCTION
The National Health Insurance Fund (NHIF) is a statutory Health Insurance Scheme established by the NHIF Act, Cap 395 so as to undertake the responsibility of insuring medical care services to its members. The Fund is dedicated to providing support to its beneficiaries to access quality social health services through a wide network of accredited health facilities throughout Tanzania. The NHIF envisions on becoming the leading Social Health Insurance Scheme of choice in the sub-Saharan region.
The NHIF Board of Directors invites qualified Tanzanians to apply for the post of Director General of the Fund.
GENERAL INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS
a) An applicant must be:
A citizen of Tanzania
Fluent in written and spoken Kiswahili and English languages.
Below the age of 50
A person with high level of integrity proven by a good track record
Experienced in leadership position in a reputable organization
Experienced in social security or health financing or heath care systems
Not an interested party in any health care institution.
b) NHIF is an equal opportunity employer.
c) Qualified women are encouraged to apply.
JOB TITLE: Director General
TERMS OF ENGAGEMENT: Five (5) years contract renewable.
REPORTS TO: The Board of Directors
The Director General is the Chief Executive Officer of the Fund and is responsible for general conduct of operations and management functions of the Fund.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Formulates policies, regulations and manuals for sound administration of operational and administrative functions of the Fund.
2. Formulates and presents to the Board the Fund’s corporate plan, annual budgets and ensures that activities of the Fund conform as much as possible to the corporate plan and annual budgets.
3. Ensures the preparation of financial statements, progress reports of the Fund and presents them to the Board of Directors.
4. Serves as Secretary to the Board of Directors and in that capacity facilitates the work of the Board and of any other committee that the Board may choose to create.
5. Ensures that there are adequate means and arrangements in regard to safe custody of the Fund’s assets.
6. Ensures that the Fund maximizes its income and in that process maximizes its members’ benefits.
7. Provides leadership and promotes discipline, integrity and professionalism on the entire body of staff.
8. Makes key decisions on the overall management of the Fund.
9. Ensures compliance with the relevant laws, rules and regulations in the execution of all Fund activities.
10. Makes contacts and maintains rapport with local and international stakeholders of the Fund.
11. Acts as the Chief Spokesperson and representative of the Fund.
12. Gives periodic feedback to the Board of Directors regarding the Fund’s performance.
13. Performs such other duties as may be assigned to him/her by the Board from time to time.
Academic and Professional Qualifications:
Master’s degree in Business Administration, Management, Economics, Corporate Management, Social Sciences preferably Social Security Administration, Insurance or any other equivalent qualifications. Training in Social Health Insurance or health financing will be an added advantage.
At least ten (10) years working experience, six (6) of which in senior management position in a reputable organization
Desirable Skills and competencies: Good working knowledge of ICT Applications, Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing, good analytical and problem solving skills.
Desirable Personal Attributes: The aspirant for this post should be a person who leads by examples, demonstrates integrity, inspires others, encourages risk taking, fosters team work, leverages diversity, focuses on results, discovers and pursues opportunities, is persistent and able to lead change.
This position carries an attractive remuneration package in accordance with NHIF Schemes of Service and Staff Regulations.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Interested persons who meet the qualifications stated above are invited to submit their well written application letters attached with certified copies of academic and professional certificates, detailed CV, and one current coloured passport size photograph of applicant attached on the upper right hand side of the first page of the CV.
Applicant should provide in the CV three names of his/her referees, indicating their telephone numbers, e-mails, postal and physical addresses. One referee must be from the current/ latest employer.
Deadline of application
Deadline of application is Monday 6th March 2017, 4.00 pm
Application shall be submitted in a sealed envelope clearly marked on top “RECRUITMENT” by post or physically to the following address:
The Board Chairperson,
Attention: Recruitment Committee,
National Health Insurance Fund,
Kurasini Bendera Tatu,
P. O. Box 11360,
DAR ES SALAAM.NB: This advertisement is also available at our website: www.nhif.or.tz
Source: Mwananchi 14 February 2017
Avoid scams : NEVER pay to have your CV / Application pushed forward. Any job vacancy requesting payment for any reason is a SCAM.