1. The Government of the United Republic of Tanzania has received a Grant from Global Partnership for Education (GPE) for the purpose of financing the Literacy and Education Support (LANES) Program during the Financial Year 2015/2016. It is intended that part of the proceeds of the fund will be used to cover eligible payment under the contract for the Supply, Installation, Training and Commissioning of the Poly-wrapping System through National Examinations Council of Tanzania.
2. The National Examinations Council of Tanzania now invites sealed Tenders from eligible supplier for carrying out the Supply, Installation, Training and Commissioning of the Poly-wrapping System.
3. Tendering will be conducted through the International Competitive Bidding specified in the Procurement Regulations, 2013 – Government Notice No.446 and is open to all Bidders as defined in the Regulations.
4. Interested eligible Tenderers may obtain further information from and inspect the Tendering Documents at the office of the Secretary of the Tender Board, The National Examinations Council of Tanzania, New Bagamoyo Road Adjacent to TBC 1, P.O Box 2624, Dar es Salaam from 0830 to 1630 hours on Mondays to Fridays inclusive except on public holidays.
5. A complete set of Bidding Document(s) in English and additional sets may be purchased by interested Tenderers upon submission of a written application to the address given under paragraph 4 above and upon payment of a non-refundable fee of Tanzanian shillings One Hundred Thousand (TZS 100,000.00) only for local suppliers and USD 100.00 or equivalent for foreigner Tenderers. Payment should be made through Account No: 2011100238 NMB Bank House or Account No: 11103001074 NBC Corporate Branch or Account No: 01J1013540000 CRDB Kijitonyama Branch payable to Executive Secretary, National Examinations Council of Tanzania.
6. All Tenders must be accompanied by a Tender Security of 2% of the tender price in an acceptable form or any freely convertible currency in case of foreign Tenderers.
7. All Tenders in one original plus two copies, properly filled in, and enclosed in plain envelopes must be delivered to the address Secretary of Tender Board, The National Examinations Council of Tanzania, P.O.Box 2624, Dar es Salaam, New Bagamoyo Road Adjacent to TBC 1 at or before 1230hrs,Wednesday7thDecember, 2016 clearly marked ‘Tender No: PA/045/2015/2016/G/30 retender’ for Supply and Installation of Poly-wrapping System do not open before 1230 hours local time on Wednesday 7th December,2016.
8. Tenderers participated in previous tender will be required to submit their application letter using the address indicated in paragraph 4 above without payment if wishes to participate in this tender.
9. Tenders will be opened promptly thereafter in public and in the presence of Tenderers’ representatives who choose to attend in the opening at the PMU Conference Room at the National Examination Council of Tanzania, New Bagamoyo Road Adjacent to TBC 1, Dar es Salaam.
10. Late Tendersportion of Tenders, electronic Tenders, Tenders not received, Tenders not opened at the Tenderopening ceremony shall not be accepted for evaluation irrespective of the circumstances.