Health Promotion and System
Strengthening Project (HPSS)
JOB OPPORTUNITY: LOGISTIC AND PROCUREMENT OFFICER (1 Position)
Reporting to: Chief Finance and Admin Officer
Level of Engagement: Full-time
Duration of engagement: 1 year.
Aim of the job
Procurement Officer is responsible for the management of the procurement and logistics functions at the project, supporting the Project Management to ensure adherence to procurement and logistics principles and policies. The position will contribute and support successful implementation of the project in provision of effective and efficient project support services which include: procurement/purchasing, fleet management, transportation of goods, supplier relations management, procurement plan, systems and procedures implementation.
This position required a well organize professional with a high level of honesty and transparency.
• Develop a project procurement plan and coordinate the supply chain function.
• Analyse and consolidate requisitions for purchasing in accordance with Swiss TPH/HPSS policies and procedures.
• Liaise with suppliers and Procurement committee and ensure there is an approved pre-qualified suppliers list in use.
• In collaboration with the Procurement committee, compile an updated pre-qualified suppliers list and submit to the PMU for review and approval.
Ensure procurement transactions have adequate and accurate supporting documentation.
• Comply with Swiss TPH/HPSS policies and procedures on procurement, storage, inventory, distribution and receipt of all materials/goods.
• Prepare tender documents, obtain quotations, delivery costs and items and negotiate terms and conditions on behalf HPSS Project.
These will include, fleet management policies, procurement policies and procedures, asset management poles, etc
• Frequently carry out a market scan to review the prices for goods and services and to ensure HPSS is continuously getting value for money from the pre-qualified suppliers.
• To continuously research on the alternatives to save money on procurement or improve delivery of necessary goods and equipment's
• Take responsibility for the Office fixed asset and stock inventories and to ensure the completeness of their records and regular updating of the register. Fixed assets reports to be generated at any time on the technical condition, maintenance needs, lifetime/expiry (replacement, retirement), usage and returns of all physical assets including vehicles, (rented) compounds, buildings and their technical infrastructure;
• Review the vehicle weekly/monthly reports, logbook and fuel records, monitor utilization, maintenance and fuel consumption and carry out monthly fuel and maintenance spend analysis.
• Prepare monthly procurement plan based on the Annual Project Plan of operation.
• Guide procurement activities to ensure are in line with HPSS Project/Swiss TPH, Swiss Development Cooperation and policies and regulations.
• Provide logistical support for project operations in the 3 regions.
Qualification, experience and other skills:
• Qualified Procurement or Logistic Officer, registered by the professional board
• BA, (Procurement or Logistic Management)
• 3 years' experience in Project or International organisations
• Strong administrative skills
• Analytical and problem solving skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Strong negotiating and influencing skills
• Proficient in computer skills
Application should be accompanied with:
• A well-typed CV;
• Certified copies of relevant certificates;
• Names of at least three (3) referees from previous jobs (line managers) with reliable contacts;
• Contact address during daytime (Postal Address, Telephone, e mail and Fax) Send your application to the following address:
Human Resources Officer,
HPSS Health Promotion and System Strengthening (HPSS) Project,
P.O. Box 29,
OR Online application via email@example.com
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.