Under the guidance of the Programme Manager (Health/Nutrition/Wash), the Community Mobilization Officer will be responsible for the timely and successful implementation of community sensitization for the quality maternal and newborn health, nutrition programme deliverables. H/she will be responsible to ensure quality program implementation in the communities using the planned budget and support surveys and assessments. S/he will work in close collaboration with, and active involvement of the district health officials and the Shehias of Zanzibar communities. The Community Mobilization Officer will work with the health staff of the target health facilities in Zanzibar and their communities.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Programme Manager - Health / Nutrition / Wash
Staff directly reporting to this post: None
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Programme oversight and management:
– Ensuring effective implementation of the Community Health Strategy designed by the Ministry of Health Zanzibar to support reduction of maternal and newborn deaths. Work on the monitoring, reporting and evaluation of the community health/nutrition/wash programme.
– Ensure the quality of household practices for health is done to the national standards as highlighted by the government of Zanzibar.
– Access to health facility based services are advocated in the community and ensure integration with other health /nutrition /wash activities in the project sites.
– Ensure the programme is responsive to the communities and children, in line with Save the Children principles, values and strategic plan and Save the Children compliance procedures. This includes working with government and partners.
– Document the necessary community health findings and make follow-up based on recommendations of field visits and review meetings.
– In collaboration with the programme manager, ensure the timely preparation and implementation of the phase-out strategy.
– Participate in the development of the work plan and ensure the achievement of specific assigned objectives. Provide guidance and support to staff in meeting project objectives.
– Produce monthly, mid- term and final reports.
– Support in periodic project budget revisions as required.
– Maintain close links to MEAL colleagues and implement an appropriate monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning system for successful delivery and attainment of project goal and objectives.
Technical Programme Effectiveness:
– Work closely with partners on implementing the project and help strengthen their capacity to enable sustainability while strengthening local capacity.
– Provide support and guidance to the programme team and implementing partners through assessing training needs and provide training/guidance for staff on community mobilization practices.
– Ensure the proper utilization and use of monitoring and evaluation systems put in place.
– Regularly follow-up and monitor the project activities to ensure proper and efficient implementation together with the programme team.
– Conduct regular field visits and review meetings with partners and government officials to monitor the implementation of the health programme.
– Create strong partnership and working environment with stakeholders.
– Prepare internal budgets for the project activities under supervision to the line manager and ensure project budget is used most effectively to achieve the project goals.
– Contribute as required to production of good quality periodic reports both for Save the Children and for the donor.
– Visit regularly the project implementation sites and communities.
– Identify critical issues that may hamper quality project implementation and take the necessary actions /communicate with line manager as necessary.
– Compile challenges and lessons learned from the implementation of community mobilization aspect of the health program to inform new project designs and other decision making processes.
– Reporting is an essential part of the position’s job description, including monitoring the impact on community beneficiaries (both negative and positive), progress in reaching project objectives, reporting back to the health programme manager and sharing lessons learned as per donor’s and SC requirements.
– Complete all reporting requirements in line with the established M&E framework of the programme, Save the Children and donor requirements.
– With support of the programme manager, organize technical capacity needs assessment for the community health workers and community representatives as per the programme plan.
– The Community Mobilization Officer may be responsible for additional tasks and duties as and when required to support the overall Country Programme priorities.
– Significant engagement with district health officials in relevant departments, closely liaising with district authorities in Zanzibar.
– Attendance at regular and ad hoc technical and policy level meetings. Frequent interaction with both technical and management counterparts in government, and other stakeholders.
– Regular involvement with representatives of donors, international agencies and local civil society.
– The Community Mobilization Officer will report to the programme manager on day to day operations and closely work with other programme colleagues in the Zanzibar office.
– Regular engagement with the Zanzibar office programme and support staff is essential. Work should also be coordinated with the other thematic teams to enhance cross-fertilization and ensure integrated programming.
– Collaboration with all departments, and support of overall aims of the country programme, is also essential.
– Actively promote effective formal and informal communication among all SCI staff members. Ensure coordination with other programme teams and support teams with the aim of achieving the programme and organizational objectives.
– The post holder is required to comply with SCI policy and practice requirements with respect to health and safety, child protection, child safeguarding, equal opportunities, anti-fraud and corruption policy, and other relevant policies and procedures.
– The post holder will be responsible to fulfill any other duty assigned by the programme manager.
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (our Values in Practice)
Holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children valuesHolds the broader team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities
Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and take responsibility for their own personal developmentFuture orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale
Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to; builds and maintains effective relationships with colleagues, managers, members and external partners and supportersValues diversity and different people’s perspectives, able to work cross-culturally.
Develops and encourages new and innovative solutionsWilling to take disciplined risks
Honest, encourages openness and transparencyCommitment to Save the Children values
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
· Person specificationo EssentialBachelor’s Degree in health or closely related relevant fields like Nursing of Medical Sociology.Significant experience working with an international non-governmental organization, donors and government bodies for health programmes.Understanding and commitment to principles of child rights and child protection.Commitment to and understanding of SCI’s aims, values and principles.Excellent written and spoken English and Kiswahili.
DesirableStrong proposal and report writing skills.Strong research skills. Experience and understanding of advocacy work.
Location: Zanzibar, Tanzania
Contract - Full-Time
Closing date: Tuesday 22 November 2016
All jobs close at midnight UK time on the date specified
Source: The Guardian 16 November, 2016
JISHINDIE ZAWADI YA GARI, CAMERA, SPEAKER NK KILA MWEZI, BONYEZA HAPA KUJISAJILI BURE KISHA FUATA MAELEKEZO============
Avoid scams : NEVER pay to have your CV / Application pushed forward. Any job vacancy requesting payment for any reason is a SCAM.============
Are you disappointed by fruitless job applications and never get shortlisted? The problem is not you, its your CV. This comes to an end, Now for outstanding CV and Jobs professional advice, contact Bright Professionals Tanzania and grab your dream job. We also prepare social science business researches and proposals.
Contact us via
Phone: 0678 226 793