Application Deadline: Oct 27, 2016
Source: Daily News 20th October, 2016
JICAP at Columbia University is a Non-Governmental Organization affiliated with Columbia University Mailman School of Public Health (MSPH) registered in Tanzania as MSPH Tanzania LLC since February 2005 (SO No. 12987). ICAP has been receiving funds to support HIV prevention and treatment programs in 'Tanzania from US President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) through the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) since 2005. In collaboration with the Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MoHCDGEC), ICAP has been supporting the government on health system strengthening, providing technical support especially on HIV prevention. care, and treatment, voluntary medical male circumcision services, and facilitating HIV prevention in community settings. The program has employed competent, dynamic individuals with programmatic/technical understanding and public health management knowledge in implementing the program objectives.
The program is now seeking to fill one position in the Dar es Salaam office for an ongoing project on a combination-prevention intervention evaluation targeting the general population as well as other projects in ICAP portfolio.
Position Title:Technical Advisor — Combination Prevention Evaluation
Reports to:Project Director, Dar as Salaam
Location:Dar as Salaam
Travel:Up to 50% in intervention regions
Overall Job Function:
The incumbent will be responsible to provide technical support onprevention, evaluation and research projects within ICAP Tanzania's portfolio. S/he will work closely with the Project Director in Dar es Salaam and liaise with regional tearns to provide technical assistance ensuring effective implementation of programs.
Specific responsibilities and duties:
• Provide guidance to implemer4ption and monitoring of the designed programs to achieve programmatic, financial and administrative goals and ensure project resources are utilized for the program in line with applicable ICAP and donor policies and procedures
• Contribute to SOP and tools development and implementation planning including budgeting, recruitment, and, M&E systems development
• Ensure compliance with international and national standards and best practices for program implementation and that all programs are implemented in accordance with the protocol, SOPs, good clinical practice, and ethical/regulatory requirements
• Lead the development, writing, and revision of routine and ad hoc reports (e.g. bimonthly research report, quarterly/semi-annual/annual progress report, study reports, etc).
• Ensure all studies have current approvals from relevant Institutional Review Boards (IRBs)
• Provide technical support for the planning, implementation, and monitoring of the combination-prevention endline survey consisting of household and cohort surveys
• Conduct frequent supervision and monitoring visits to program sites
• Provide support to the regional offices to develop annual work plans to achieve 100% of annual targets and closely monitor the implementation of the work plan
• Participate in national technical working groups, particularly to disseminate findings from the combination-prevention evaluation
• Collaborate with M&E unit to translate data outcomes into programmatic improvement strategies, and provide data analysis support to monitor effectiveness of interventions
• Build capacity of the project team to review and analyze data and develop outputs (abstracts. manuscripts, presentations) for dissemination and participate in the development of analysis plan
• Provide technical guidance on integration of mHealth/eHealth systems into existing M&E framework and provide support to the sub-grantee who will incorporate computer assisted personal interview (CAPI) to the endline survey of combination-prevention
• Perform any other tasks assigned by the supervisor
Qualification and Skills
• Required MD with MPH and minimum 2 years' experience in public health research, evaluation/surveys. or M&E on similar donor-funded projects
• Required knowledge of quantitative and qualitative research methodologies including skills in programming for data management and statistical software (e.g. SAS, STATA)
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience in the field of HIV/AIDS epidemiology
• Demonstrated experience in the planning and implementation of large-scale HIV/AIDS community-based program activities and/or evaluations.
• Preferred familiarity with eHealth systems and technologies (e.g. mHealth, CAPI).
• Excellent oral/written communication in English, interpersonal, organizational, and computer skills
• Ability to provide high quality technical assistance to regional offices.
• Ability to work independently with strong problem skills
• Ability to travel for significant periods of time to intervention regions
• Familiar with Tanzanian context and language; proficiency in Kiswahili preferred
Applicants should send their cover letter and CV within 7 days from the date of this advert via email, mentioning in the subject line' “Technical Advisor Combination Prevention Evaluation” to email@example.com Only short listed applicants will be contacted. Please do NOT attach any certificates when submitting online.
ICAP Is an equal opportunity employer; women and people living with HIV/AIDS are encouraged to apply.
SHINDANO SHINDANO!!! SHINDA GARI JIPYA TOKA JAPAN, BONYEZA HAPA KUJISAJILI BURE============
Avoid scams : NEVER pay to have your CV / Application pushed forward. Any job vacancy requesting payment for any reason is a SCAM.============
Are you disappointed by fruitless job applications and never get shortlisted? The problem is not you, its your CV. This comes to an end, Now for outstanding CV and Jobs professional advice, contact Bright Professionals Tanzania and grab your dream job. We also prepare social science business researches and proposals.
Contact us via
Phone: 0678 226 793