THE VLIR-IUC / NM-AIST PARTNERSHIP PROGRAM
The Nelson Mandela African Institution of Science and Technology (NM-AIST) is implementing a partnership program funded by Flemish Inter-University Council (VLIR UOS). The program has been running since 2013. The program is focusing on “Sustainable management of soil and water for the improvement of livelihoods in the Upper Pangani Basin”. NM-AIST is thus seeking to recruit Program Manager who will oversee the smooth implementation of the program.
1. Ensure efficient management and administration of the Program, its component projects and its teams (researchers, technician, drivers, and students), on a daily basis
2. To prepare program documents, and to report in consultation with the coordinators and project leaders and to crosscheck these documents regarding content and quality
3. Ensure efficient monitoring of the program and update the progress of the program to coordinators and project leaders
4. To be responsible for the finances and accounting of the program fund and to produce monthly financial reports to the local steering committee and quarterly to the Flemish steering committee
5. Coordinate and manage procurement and financial matters according to the Program´s
operation manual and national laws
6. Organize and make reports of steering committee meetings
7. Managing program training, outreach, program exchanges, workshops, research, field activities, short courses, conferences, meetings etc. in line with budgets
8. Liaising with, and updating program progress to Program Coordinators and project leaders
9. Managing all mobility from South to North and facilitate visits in the South
10. To coordinate the contents of program website
And on any other duties assigned by the Program Coordinator
Qualifications, knowledge and essential attributes:
1. Holder of a minimum of Master degree or equivalent qualification from an accredited academic institution majoring in the following area: Project Planning, Management and Administration; added advantage would be experience in Budgeting, and
Evaluation, Report Writing Skills for local and international audiences including funding agencies, Education Management etc.
2. At least 2-3 years of relevant work experience in a reputable organization(s) / project(s)
3. Excellent organizational, management and administrative skills
4. Very good written and oral communication skills in English and Kiswahili
5. A high degree of computer competence and familiarity with modern software for budget preparation and management, data analysis and presentation
6. Self-motivation and ability to work under minimal supervision, including ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines when required
7. Confidence in dealing proactively with a range of project partners, including academic staff, students and diverse external clients, ability to motivate teams.
8. Ability to work in multi-disciplinary and international teams. Positive and helpful attitude in responding to enquiries by program members and external clients
9. Willingness to learn new skills and adapt to roles
2,992,000/=Tshs per month depending on qualification and experience.
This Position will be subject to a probation period of six months
Duty Station: Nelson Mandela African Institution of Science and Technology, Arusha,
Reporting to: Local Program Coordinator
Mode of Application:
Eligible candidates possessing the above qualifications and attributes are advised to submit their applications online including the following:
Certified photocopies of relevant certificates and academic transcripts
Most recent Curriculum Vitae
Names and contact details of at least two professional referees
Contact details: Telephone, E-mail and Postal Address
Individuals currently employed in the Public Service should route their applications through their employers
Successful candidate should be able to start not later than 20th November 2016. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Closing date for receipt of applications: 22th October 2016
Applications should be sent by e-mail and should be addressed to:
VLIR Program Coordinator,
The Nelson Mandela African Institution of Science and Technology,
P.O. Box 447,
Source: Daily News 12 October, 2016
Avoid scams : NEVER pay to have your CV / Application pushed forward. Any job vacancy requesting payment for any reason is a SCAM.