BRITISH HIGH COMMISSION DAR ES SALAAM
OFFICE NOTICE NO - 12/16 DAR
POSITION COMMUNICATION OFFICER
SECTION CORPORATE SERVICES
GRADE B3 (L)
POSITION TYPE PERMANENT/FULL TIME
TZS 2,879,822 PER MONTH
A vacancy has arisen at the British High commission for a B3 (L) Communication Officer. The position is graded at B3 (L) for which the current salary starts at TZS 2,879,822 per month before deduction of tax.
Main purpose of the role:
To support delivery of the British High Commission's objectives in Tanzania through proactive communications. Using mainstream, specialist and social media to raise awareness of UK Government activity and influence policy thinking in Tanzania, including supporting DFID's £ 180m per year development programme. Provide insight and analysis into Tanzanian domestic politics.
Roles and responsibilities:
• To communicate the British High Commission’s objectives and messages in the Tanzanian media. Draft and issue press releases and advise the British High Commissioner and other senior officers on interactions with the media.
• Lead on organizing events, photocalls, press conference, interviews and other media opportunities, working closely with BHC staff from across different departments and teams (including the UK Department For International Development].
• To, build BHC Oar es Salaam's social media presence, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, through regular updating with relevant, interesting, targeted content.
• Maintain an effective list of contacts, covering all aspects of communications' work.
• Provide support and cover for the BHC Political Officer, including insight and analysis into Tanzanian politics and current affairs.
• Seeing the big picture
• Changing and improving
• Leading and Communicating
• Collaborating and Partnering
• Essential qualifications and experience
• Excellent written, verbal, interpersonal communications, active listening skill
• Fluent in Kiswahili and English
• Thorough understanding of the media environment in Tanzania, including digital media.
• Desirable qualifications and experience
• Communications experience
• Experience organising events / conferences I marketing etc.
• Political acumen
• Bachelors degree
All applicants must be legally able to work in Tanzania with the correct visa/ status/work permit.
The British High Commission in Dar es Salaam is an equal opportunities employer, dedicated to inclusivity, a diverse workforce and valuing difference. Staff recruited locally by the British High Commission in Dar es Salaam are subject to
Terms and Conditions of Service according to local Tanzanian employment law.
Employees who are not eligible to pay local income tax: e.g. certain third- country nationals and spouses/partners of UK diplomats will have their salaries abated by an equivalent amount
The successful candidate will be subject to reference checking and security clearance checks.
If you have not heard from us 3 weeks after the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful. Note: Any questions you may have about this position will only be answered during interview, should you be invited.
SHINDANO SHINDANO!!! SHINDA GARI JIPYA TOKA JAPAN, BONYEZA HAPA KUJISAJILI BURE============
Avoid scams : NEVER pay to have your CV / Application pushed forward. Any job vacancy requesting payment for any reason is a SCAM.============