The British Government is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer. We value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organisational capability. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law. We promote family-friendly flexible working opportunities, where operational and security needs allow.
Job Category: Foreign and Commonwealth Office (Operations and Corporate Services)
Job Subcategory : Estates
Job Description (Roles and Responsibilities)
Main purpose of job:
The main contact person at the Estates section managing maintenance schedules and coordinating information between tenants/suppliers/landlords/Estate and Security Department and the Technical team.
Roles and Responsibility:
- Main point of contact for British High Commission families regarding estates (housing) issues.
- Receiving requests for maintenance works, scheduling of works and prioritizing them according to urgency. Keeping staff informed of action being taken in their accommodation, including expected timescale for action and completion
- Assisting in the search for suitable new properties for British High Commission officers and their families. Planning for new arrivals in Tanzania including allocation of furniture and essential items.
- Accurate recording of property information on the British High Commission “Pyramid” IT system.
- Calculating and comparing costs for required goods or services offered by contractors to achieve maximum value for money. Project management and coordinating the work of contractors. Liaising with contractors and landlords whenever necessary
Essential qualifications and experience
- Communication skills, computer literacy(Word &excel)
- Fluent in English and Kiswahili
- Must have good customer service skills coupled with an ability to handle difficult customers.
Desirable qualifications and experience
- Experience in working in an International Organisation
- Previous experience in estates management
- Diploma or degree in a relevant field preferable
- Clean and valid driving licence adds advantage
Delivering Value for Money, Managing a Quality Service, Delivering at Pace, Demonstrating Resilience
Application deadline : 27 October 2016
Grade: A2 (L)
Type of Position: Permanent
Country/Territory: United Republic of Tanzania
Location (City): Dar Es Salaam
Type of Post: British High Commission
Starting monthly salary (): TZS. 1,907,988
Start Date: 1 December 2016
All applicants must be legally able to work in Tanzania with the correct visa/status/work permit.
The British High Commission in Dar es Salaam is an equal opportunities employer, dedicated to inclusivity, a diverse workforce and valuing difference.
Staff recruited locally by the British High Commission in Dar es Salaam are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local Tanzanian employment law.
Employees who are not eligible to pay local income tax: e.g. certain third-country nationals and spouses/partners of UK diplomats will have their salaries abated by an equivalent amount
The successful candidate will be subject to reference checking and security clearance checks.
If you have not heard from us 3 weeks after the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful. Note: Any questions you may have about this position will only be answered during interview, should you be invited.
Are you disappointed by fruitless job applications and never get shortlisted? The problem is not you, its your CV. This comes to an end, Now for outstanding CV and Jobs professional advice, contact Bright Professionals Tanzania and grab your dream job. We also prepare social science business researches and proposals.
Phone +255 678 226 793