TCCO is a non-governmental organization (NGO), which has been initiated and established as a health system intervention strategy for clubfoot treatment using the Ponseti Method. TCCO is registered under the Ministry of Health, Community, Gender, Elderly and Children's NGO Act nO.24 2002.
TCCO consists of partners and stakeholders from within Tanzania, including Bugando Clubfoot Care Organisation (BCCP), Usa River
Rehabilitation Centre (URRC), CCBRT, MOl and the Southern Highlands (represented by Mbeya and Iringa regions. TCCO's vision is to ensure every child born with clubfoot in Tanzania receives timely and quality treatment using the Ponseti method as a gold standard technique for treatment. The activities of TCCO includes: advancing and advocating for management of clubfoot promoting parent education, community outreach and education to increase community awareness of clubfoot treatment and identifying funding sources nationally and internationally to Ponseti method treatment. TCCO has partnered with an international donor (Miraclefeet) based in North Carolina, USA. TCCO in partnership with Miracle feet is seeking to recruit a qualified and experienced person to join the team based in Mwanza as the Finance and Administration Officer.
Finance and Administration Officer
This is the principal book-keeper and accounting role within TCCO. The post-holder will have day-to-day responsibility for the maintenance of all TCCO'S financial records and is required to maintain financial systems, to manage payroll systems and controls in accordance with relevant tax legislation and TCCO policies and provide accurate financial information to senior staff within TCCO and external stakeholders. The finance and administration officer will Work closely with an external consultant and the TCCO coordinator and senior staff to develop and implement appropriate administrative systems. In addition to finance this may include supply-chain, data collection, and logistics of trainings and meetings.
• To maintain appropriate computerised and paper filing systems of financial information. .
• To process and pay supplier invoices and reconcile supplier statements.
• To create and process sales invoices for grants and income due and to ensure that all monies received are banked accordingly.
• To maintain banking procedures, including the monitoring of cash balances, inter-account and inter-project transfers and the monthly reconciliation of all bank accounts.
• To verify all imprest submissions for approval by senior staff.
• To verify all payments for approval by senior staff.
• To act as an agent for all TCCO bank accounts.
• To assist senior staff in the budget setting process for TCCO and its projects
• To maintain the financial ledger and undertake monthly reconciliation of all control accounts.
• To produce reconciled monthly ledger reports for all accounts for the preparation of monthly management accounts
• To implement agreed financial procedures and to regularly review these and make recommendations for change/update as necessary
• To ensure that TCCO maintains a reasonable cash balance reporting any concern in a timely manner.
• To assist with the provision of financial data for funding applications.
• To assist in the preparation of quarterly management accounts and reports.
• To provide financial reports for funders as required
• To prepare year-end audit files, liaise with auditors during the process and, in conjunction with senior staff, produce audited annual accounts.
Payroll & Pensions
• To process the monthly payroll and ensure salaries are remitted to staff bank accounts in a timely manner.'
• To ensure the necessary payments of tax and pension payments are made.
Other Key Financial Activities
• To provide financial information, advice and mentorship to colleagues at TCCO office and at TCCO clinics
• To communicate in a timely manner with donor, TCCO senior staff, and TCCO zone coordinators/administrators
• To travel at least once a year to zone site for guidance and auditing
• To induct new colleagues in financial systems and procedures
• To collaborate with TCCO coordinator and staff in compiling other reports
• To maintain up-to-date knowledge and expertise in IT relating to finance
• To undertake such other tasks as may reasonably be expected.by TCCO senior staff .
• To establish and agree objectives for the year and monitor these through ongoing supervision.
• To initiate and recommend improvements to the day-to-day running of the TCCO finance office.
• Promote TCCO and play a positive role in the delivery of its day-to-day operations and strategic goals.
• Minimum first degree within a relevant field
• Proven experience of working independently in a senior financial role managing donor funds for at least three years
• Experience of producing management accounts
• Experience of managing computerised and manual payroll
• Good report-writing skills and the ability to communicate financial information in easily understood language and format
• Self-motivation and effective time management skills
• Excellent communication skills in both written and spoken Kiswahili and English
• Cover letter explaining why you would like the job
• Summary of how you meet each of the essential requirements
• Copies of all relevant certificates
• Contact details of two referees
• Shortlisted candidates will be notified by email not later than 7th November 2016 Send the above applications through email@example.com
Source: The Guardian 18 October, 2016
Avoid scams : NEVER pay to have your CV / Application pushed forward. Any job vacancy requesting payment for any reason is a SCAM.