Tanzania Commission for Universities
Notification to qualified candidates who passed the Recognition of Prior
Learning (RPL) examination for 2016 and previous years.The Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU) hereby informs prospective applicants who passed the RPL examinations in 2014/15, 2015/16 and 2016/17 academic years that the application for Higher Education Institution is now open.
1. Registration and Application fee.
A. Returning RPL applicants who passed RPL examination in 2014 and 2015 shall pay the total amount of fifty thousand Tanzanian Shillings (Tshs. 50,000/-‐) for registration and application.
B. RPL applicants who passed examinations in 2016 shall be required to log in using their RPL Numbers and password they created during first time registration and application for RPL examinations.
C. The pass mark for returning RPL applicants shall be at least a "B" grade. These are those who sat and passed their examinations in 2014 and 2015.
NOTE Applicants who passed RPL examinations in 2016 shall not pay application fee.
2. Mode of Payment
Applicable to returning RPL applicants ONLY (2014, 2015)
How to pay via MaxMalipo agents:
1. Visit the nearest Maxmalipo agent with your Tshs 50,000/ -‐
2. The agent will take your cash and request for your mobile phone number.
3. The agent will process your payment and issue you a receipt that contains a voucher number.
4. You will shortly receive an SMS as well as a voucher number.
Use the voucher number as payment ID for registration to apply on TCU Central Admission System (CAS).
How to pay via M-Pesa: Dial *150*00#
1. Dial *150*00#
2. Select option # 4: Pay via M-‐PESA
3. Select option #4: Enter Business number: 240027
4. Enter payment reference number: 123456
5. Enter Amount: 50,000/-‐
6. Enter your PIN
7. Enter 1 to confirm
- You will receive an M-‐PESA notification SMS confirming your transaction.
- You will then receive another SMS from TCU with voucher Number that you can use as payment ID on the Central Admission System (CAS) for registration
How to pay via Tigopesa: Dial *150*01#
1. Dial *150*01#
2. Select option # 4: PayBill
3. Select option #2 to enter the Business number
4. Enter the Business number:240077
5. Enter reference of payment: 123456
6. Enter amount: Tshs 50,000/=
7. Enter your PIN
- You will receive a Tigopesa notification SMS confirming your transaction.
- You will then receive another SMS from TCU with voucher number that you can use as payment ID on the Central Admission System (CAS) for registration
5. Instructions on How to Apply Using the Central Admission System(CAS)
A. Returning RPL applicants Registration
i) Open Central Admission System.
ii) Click Registration link,
iii) Select Returning RPL applicants link
iv) Fill self registration form by entering your RPL ID eg. RPL/2015/0015, create your own password
v) Click submit baton.
vi) Apply for degree course of your choice
B. RPL applicants who passed RPL examination in 2016.
i) Open Central Admission System
ii) Click log in link
iii) Enter your RPL ID e.g. RPL/2016/0015
iv) Enter your password
v) Select degree course of your choice.
In case of any problem concerning application process, applicants should contact TCU as follows:
The Executive Secretary,
Tanzania Commission for Universities,
P O Box 6562, Dar es Salaam.
Tel: +255 22 2772657; Fax: +255 22 2772891;
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Mobile Numbers: +255 765 027 990, +255 674 656 237 and +255 683 921928.
Physical address: Mliman Tower, Sam Nujoma Road,Opposite Mliman City, Dar es
7. Deadline for application
The deadline for applications for all RPL applicants will be on 23rd September, 2016.
Tanzania Commission for Universities.
20th September, 2016.
Follow us on Instagram
SHINDANO SHINDANO!!! SHINDA GARI JIPYA TOKA JAPAN, BONYEZA HAPA KUJISAJILI BURE============
Avoid scams : NEVER pay to have your CV / Application pushed forward. Any job vacancy requesting payment for any reason is a SCAM.============
Are you disappointed by fruitless job applications and never get shortlisted? The problem is not you, its your CV. This comes to an end, Now for outstanding CV and Jobs professional advice, contact Bright Professionals Tanzania and grab your dream job. We also prepare social science business researches and proposals.
Contact us via
Phone: 0678 226 793