EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES – PLAN INTERNATIONAL TANZANIA
Plan is an international child – centered Development organization whose mission is to achieve lasting improvements in the quality of life of deprived children through a process that unites people across cultures and adds meaning and value to their lives. Plan has been working in Tanzania since 1991, supporting children and communities to gain better access to health, education, water, sanitation and hygiene, livelihoods and protection.
Plan international Tanzania has been selected as only implementing partner on child protection by UNHCR in new camps where Burundian refugees have been relocated to from Kasulu. Plan International Tanzania now invites applications from suitable, qualified and experience persons to fill in the position below to support our response to the Burundi Refugees in Kibondo (Nduta and Mtendeli)
Position: Education in Emergency Field Officers Grade C2
Department & Location: Program Kibondo Kigoma
Date :September 2016
Reports to (position): Education Specialist
Purpose: How does this post support Plan’s strategy and mission? Working in 50 developing countries across Africa, Asia and the Americas, Plan aims to reach as many children as possible, particularly those who are excluded or marginalised with high quality programs that deliver long lasting benefits by increasing its income, working in partnership with others and operating effectively.
To coordinate and ensure the effective implementation of the EiE activities in the camps;
• Capacity building: Identify needs and strengthen the capacities of staff, partners and local authorities in key areas of the program.
• Monitoring and Evaluation: assist the EiE team to establish and maintain monitoring and evaluation system in accordance with donor requirements.
• Compliance: Ensure compliance with donor and organization requirements, including the child protection policy and the code of conduct for Plan International staff and all its associated partners (local NGOs, consultants, incentive workers, etc. )
• Lead, design and manage the implementation of EiE activities in the camp.
• Design, lead and manage the implementation of targeted training for key stakeholders, teachers and students.
• Work in a team to provide capacity building and follow up plans that are satisfactory to all relevant parties in the field.
• Assist the EiE Specialist to manage and coordinate the implementation of the needs assessment to identify training needs of concerned parties aiming to meet the teaching, learning, and psychosocial needs of the students, teachers, and principals in the community.
• In coordination with other team members and assistance of the EiE Specialist, develop monitoring mechanisms to track progress on EiE activities and provide feedback for continuous improvement.
• Collect and document feedback from the field on the implementation of the methodology including challenges and lessons learnt.
• Organize and implement community awareness on the importance of education to girls, as well as ensure enrollment and retention of girls in schools.
• Develop information and networking system to support teachers/incentive workers and CMC members with continuous training.
• Liaise with Case Management and PSS staff and coordinate the implementation of child protection activities and the referral pathway, in collaboration with relevant agencies in the camp
• Liaise closely with Caritas and IRC who are the lead implementing agencies for education.
• Regular programmatic reporting on EiE activities
• Any other task as assigned.
Education Qualification and Experience
• Bachelor degree in Development Studies, Education or related field and 3 years of progressive experience designing and implementing education programs strongly preferred.
• Commitment to and understanding humanitarian principles, the convention on child rights and the relevant standards (Sphere and INEE)
• Experience managing/coordinating education programs
• Very good organization skills/previous experience in trainings preferred
• Very good coordination skills/ability to follow up on various tasks in parallel
• Readiness to learn and adapt to new techniques and approaches.
• Maintains confidentiality and respect towards colleagues and beneficiaries
• Good interpersonal and, written and oral communication skills.
• Team player and adaptable to working under pressure and handling multiple tasks.
• Good reporting skills.
• Computer skills: proficiency in current office software applications
• Languages: Proficiency in English and Kiswahili. Knowledge of Kirundi is an added advantage.
Plan International Tanzania is a child centered organization. Protecting the rights of the children is of paramount interest to us. Subsequently, all short listed candidates will undergo a police vetting check for criminal offences particularly relating to any type of child abuse. The successful candidate will be required to sign and adhere to the Plan Tanzania child protection policy.
The above positions carry attractive remuneration as per Plan International Tanzania salary structure and incentive package.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Plan International Tanzania is an equal opportunity employer. Interested and qualified Tanzanians are invited to send their applications enclosing detailed curriculum vitae, certificate copies of relevant education and professional qualifications together with names of three referees, and their contact. Therefore all applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 5th October, 2016.
Are you disappointed by fruitless job applications and never get shortlisted? The problem is not you, its your CV. This comes to an end, Now for outstanding CV and Jobs professional advice, contact Bright Professionals Tanzania and grab your dream job. We also prepare social science business researches and proposals.
Phone +255 678 226 793