Shanta Mining Company Limited (SMCL) - New Luika Gold Mine (NLGM)
SCOPE OF ROLE
LEVEL Of WORK: I
ROLE TYPE: Individual Contributor.
BUSINESSUNIT/FUNCTION: New Luika Gold
Mine, Southwest Tanzania.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: This position reports to Senior Mining Engineer.
CONTEXT AND PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
Mining Engineer is accountable for mine development and production planning, scheduling, engineering designs, mine ventilation, reports, project development studies, training of junior mining engineers and tracking operations while maintaining a high standard of operational health and safety and environmental practices.
ACCOUNTABILITIES & AUTHORITIES OF THE ROLE
Mining Engineer has the following accountabilities and authorities:
- Provide direct output support to the Senior Mining Engineer in the preparation of Operational and Capital Budgeting.
- Management of day to day planning activities taking into account monthly, yearly and long term production plans.
- Overseeing the health and safety of the site and employees, design mine infrastructures, ventilation & extraction systems and mining services ensuring the safety of mining equipment and assessing mine equipment supplies.
- Administer mining production processes, overseeing employees' activities on site. Make sure that targets are met; discuss and solve any operational obstructions. In collaboration with Senior Mining Engineer review schedules, and implement necessary contingencies to meet production goals
- Overseeing major construction projects and ensuring that operations run smoothly. Ensure existing projects are tracked by individual planners; schedules adjusted accordingly.
- Work in collaboration with mining shift leaders and mine captains on a regular basis to discuss plans and involve crews; review schedules and communicate concerns and targets during the meetings.
- Ensure monthly or quarterly production forecasts are compiled and issued in a timely manner.
- Review and oversee Ground Control Quality Program.
- Accountable for acquisition of all necessary permitting.
- Coach, mentor and develop junior Engineers.
- Degree in Mining or Geological Engineering from a recognized University.
- Minimum of 5 years mining experience in underground operations, mine planning, engineering and/or project evaluation.
- Experience in both underground and open pit mining will be an added advantage but not a mandatory.
Must have knowledge of:
- Short to Medium term underground mine planning
- Long Hole stoping experience i.e Rings designs, Stope evaluation etc.
- Cemented Rock Fill (CRF) or Paste fill
- High level of proficiency with mining design and planning software packages i.e. mine 2-4D; mine CAD, Deswik CAD, studio 50 Planners, Surpac, Micromine etc.
- High level of proficiency with MS packages i.e Excel, Word, Power point, access etc.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills written and oral; Demonstrated ability to communicate with a variety of stakeholders including senior management, technical professionals and operational personnel at a senior level.
- Strong planning and problem solving skills
Application submission deadline is 11/09/2016
Applicants are invited to submit their Resume and certificates (indicating the position title in the subject to;-
Shanta Mining Company Limited
P.O. Box 79408, Dar es Salaam
Email address; Recruitment@shantamining.co.tz
SOURCE: The Citizen 31 August 2016
Avoid scams : NEVER pay to have your CV / Application pushed forward. Any job vacancy requesting payment for any reason is a SCAM.============
Are you disappointed by fruitless job applications and never get shortlisted? The problem is not you, its your CV. This comes to an end, Now for outstanding CV and Jobs professional advice, contact Bright Professionals Tanzania and grab your dream job. We also prepare social science business researches and proposals.
Contact us via
Phone: 0678 226 793